Chapter One

Venus' P.O.V.

Knock. Knock.

The door opened as I saw one of my employees holding a brown envelope entering. Probably a proposal to a certain project needing my approval.

"Here are the papers, Ma'am. It's the list of applicants that have passed the complete requirements applying for the position of Accounting Manager. The date of interview will be sched by Miss Smith."

"Put it in the table." I replied.

The relationship of my mother, Stacey Smith Anderson and I are hidden to avoid some 'They-are-families,-no-wonder-they are-placed-in-high-positions.' issues.

I glanced at the brown envelope as I was turning my chair back and forth and a sudden thought come in my mind.

Hmm. I think I'll pick two papers and play some game. Anyway, it's just once in a blue moon when I'm having fun and having a free time.

This first one will be my rival.

DRRRRRUM ROLLLLS.

Valerie Brown? Wow. Nice Name.

And the second one's my soulmate.

DRRRRRUM ROLLLLS.

Francheska Miller? My soul mate's a girl? Wait. What? A men? What the heck is wrong with his name? Oh really. Hmmm. I think I'll hire these two after a setup interview.

I grinned.

Day if (Setup) Interview

"Good morning Ma'am. I'm-"

"Yes. I can read it. You're Valerie Brown. No need to bother."

She startled as I said those words. She seems hurt. And I don't care.

"Can you tell me about yourself, your capabilities, and the reason why should I hire you as my Assistant Accounting Manager."

"Wait ma'am! I'm applying for the position of Accounting Manager and now you're placing me only as the Assistant?" she complains.

"Don't worry. You'll still get the same salary as the Accounting Manager. What only the difference between you and him is the job you'll be doing." I replied.

She's not replying for about ten seconds trying to absorb what I meant.

"Him, you say? Does it mean you already have someone in that place?" she asks curiously.

"Yes. Francheska Miller. The one you're going to serve. But may I remind you that a slut is not needed in our office. And why? Don't you want it? Small job, Big salary? You're free to go if you don't want." I raised one eyebrow.

"No. What I'm trying to ask is-"

"You're hired." Though I don't want your attitude. I want to add it but it will just worsen the situation. I cut off what she's about to say 'cause she seems like a type of person who don't wants her dignity be stepped on.

"Wait. What?"

"You're starting salary is $30 000 a month. And will be increased if you're going to be promoted. And you'll only be promoted if you'll do a good job. So . . . Keep up the good work." I smiled. Frankly, plasticly.

"Next please." I shouted to make her move out of the chair glaring at me like a stray dog.

"I said, next please!" I repeated as the door knob suddenly shuts not noticing that he's already here. . . . And I think he heard everything.

"Why did you lock the door?" I asked him.

"Coz I'm the last person." he replied.

"And?" I looked at him eye to eye for about a minute as he holds my eye back. It's my first time realizing that he's more handsome in person than in the picture in his resume.  He has brown spiky hair, and emerald eyes. It reminds me of an anime character, Oreki Houtaru of Hyouka. My anime crush.

"I'm already hired, right?" His voice awakens me on reality.

"Yes, you're hired. And your salary is-"

"$30 000. Am I right?" why did he seems to know everything.

"Yah. You're  a good guesser, huh?" I said.

"And I think that's not a compliment." he replied.

"I heard everything from the start. And what are you talking about a 'sloth'?"

"It's 'slut'. Well. Don't you worry. I won't make it a big deal. I know you're no-"

He abruptly  hold my arms and brought my face near to him. Our lips is about 1.5 cm away from each other. My heart beats fast like a drum roll beating the drum fastly.

My eyes were widened open as he continues that act. Yes. He kissed me. I was about to enjoy that moment when he lift his lips from mine after three seconds and said . . . "I thought this company doesn't need a slut. I'm afraid it was the manager's doing."

"Don't you dare call me a slut you thief!" I shouted.

"Thief of what? A kiss? It's just a kiss and your face turned red all of a sudden?"

"What? JUST A KISS? You've just stolen my lips I've been taking care for about 22 years! How dare you!" I replied with anger.

"But I know I'm still hired. Or else-'

"Or else what? Huh?" I raised one of my eyebrow again.

"I'll spread a rumor that you're my girlfriend. Together with this diary." Ohshhh. A video? And my plans! He all saw it. The setup interview. My rival. And most of all, my planned SOULMATE. What the heck is going on?

"You black mailer!" I shouted again as he left the door wide open.
-

Don't forget to vote. . .  And comment.

Love lots!

My Wattpad Stories:

Not Even Once (On going)

Sosy Officers (On going)

You Don't Know Me [Kathniel Teen Fiction] (On going)