2

My dad had left the house around 1:30 in the morning, so I went into his room and thoroughly examined the drawers, wardrobes, and under the bed. The worst place was the garden, which I don't even know why I checked because it stinks so bad, and my dad has so many pigs in the gardens because he has a terrible pig addiction. However, I could not find anything there, and I even looked downstairs. As I enter the house again, I immediately focus on the basement door across from me. I've never been permitted to enter the basement, but I've avoided doing so because I'm too afraid to defy my father. I had to double-check this because it was crucial. Going down the basement at half past one in the morning was not really my idea of a good time, but if it offers me peace of mind, I'll do it. If I don't discover anything in the basement, my dad is obviously not a murderer.

It was quite chilly down there, so I put on the small lamp that only lights part of the room. I start looking around and checking for stuff, but I can't find anything, so I start to climb back up the basement steps, mostly happy that I didn't have a father who committed mass murder. When I discover my dad's desk has a drawer with the words "DO NOT TOUCH" written in large letters, I immediately proceed to open it without thinking. However, there are so many pieces of paper inside that I initially believed they were folders containing bank account information, bills, and other paperwork. I came upon a file with the name Adam Williams, expecting to see some paperwork about his recent Amazon purchases, but instead I discovered something far more interesting.

When I opened the file, I saw a letter from my dad's former primary school teachers. In the letters the teachers were writing to my dad's parents, they were trying to express their concern for him because he was seen as a violent child throughout primary school. In every year of school, he expressed concerns to teachers; he was caught ripping teddy bears' heads off, getting into fights, and purposely setting up scenes in the playground to hurt people. To be honest, as I read the letters, they were all the same and I wasn't sure how to feel. I'm not sure why my dad saved these, but it's something I didn't know about him, I suppose. It was obvious that these weren't receipts for sales or bills, so I kept looking. I dug deeper into the folders and discovered a tiny purple journal book with my mother's name and the name Maria written in lovely handwriting around the book. When I gently opened it, I saw that it was filled with writing. I read it and discovered that it was my mother's old diary, which she must have left here or something. As I read on, I noticed that my mother's writings were strange. She explained that she didn't feel comfortable around my father and that he was constantly aggressive and intoxicated; perhaps this is why she left? due to my father. My mouth dropped to the floor as my eyes went wide from tracing my fingers through her writing. I was unable to even breathe. A few weeks later, in her diary, my mother described how my dad had started acting strangely around her and that one day she decided to follow him to see what was going on. She claimed that what she saw would haunt her for the rest of her life and that she would never be able to see him the same again. One night, my mother followed my dad as he claimed to be going to the pub. My mum wrote all of this down in detail as she described how he stood in an alleyway for a while until a man wearing all black showed up. They spoke for a moment before my dad suddenly pulled a knife out of his pocket and stabbed the man in the chest three times, stomach four times, and he slit his throat open. My mum said how all the blood pouring out of the man was so red, she couldn't even picture it as real. I was having trouble reading since my hands were shaking as I went along. I was about to give up reading because I was feeling so sick to my stomach when my mother wrote something in her diary that put everything together. She wrote that after my dad had viciously stabbed the man, he turned and faced my mum and saw her looking at my dad in the car. I could tell that she was panicking because her handwriting became sloppier, after she wrote "He's seen me, now He's coming towards me," and that was the last thing she wrote. I just knew he did something to her because he knew my mother knew, and since she never abandoned me at all, he fucking killed her.