3

I was reading the diary when my eyes started to water, and I was too preoccupied to even notice the passing of time. Just then, I was going to return to my bedroom when I turned around and found my father standing over me. I dropped the diary I was holding and backed as far away from him as I could. He approached me cautiously, and I could tell that he was not at all pleased. He laughed, "Well, now that you know what happened to your mother, what do you think will happen to you?" I shook my head and began pressing myself up against the wall. "I really didn't want to hurt you Martha, but you just don't listen to me." he said as he slowly got closer, he picked up one of the sledgehammers that was on the floor, I couldn't tell if there was rust or blood on that hammer, "This was the same thing I used on your mother, still ripe in its blood too." He said that as he was spinning the hammer on his hand like it was a fucking game. I could feel my life bursting out of my body with each stride he made as he drew nearer. He prepared to swing the hammer by raising it.

I shouted "Wait!" and became frantic for a brief moment. As I tried to gather myself, I told my own father something I had never told anyone else: "Your secrets safe with me because, well..." He laughed and added, "Martha, I've heard this before, I swear I won't tell anything I'll keep it a secret," which made me feel a bit anxious. Then, out of nowhere, he yells, "IT'S ALL FUCKING BULLSHIT MARTHA!" which made me jump. I begin to cry and shout back unable to contain myself. "I KILLED MY OWN FUCKING BESTFRIEND OKAY? so yes, your secret is safe with me..." My father hesitated and lowered the hammer. He seemed confused and asked as to what I meant. I leaned my head against the wall to collect myself before explaining; in fact, allow me too just do so. When I was at my friend's house, I got into a fight with her and lost my cool. I grabbed a pillow and shoved it into her face, then I used my body to hold her down so she wouldn't try to get away from me. Suddenly, she stopped breathing, and I had no idea what to do. I tried to wake her up, but she didn't respond. I had to pretend everything was okay when I went to sleep that night and waited for her parents to find her. When my dad heard the story, he seemed shocked; I don't believe he was expecting it from me.

"Martha, you killing one girl is not compared to what I've done," he sighs as he turns to face the ground. He doesn't realise that it has stayed with me my entire life, and I was at a loss for words. "I'll make a deal with you Marth, I won't hurt you, and I'll tell you all you need to know about your mother, if you assist me," my dad said as he smiled up at me. At first, I hoped he wasn't thinking of what I thought he was, "I want you to help me kill these people" when he said that I was basically right. Obviously, I wanted to live so I agreed to help him. He smirked and went back upstairs, the whole night was just normal, it's like he wasn't just about to totally kill his own daughter. That evening, I went to bed since I was exhausted after the day's tension.

LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT THE LAST CHAPTER *MAIN PLOTTWIST IS ON THERE*