Chapter 1

"Jaimy! I have great news", my social worker said. It's been years since the last time I saw Tina. Tina is my social worker. She's 27 years old and she's been a great help all the time. The last time I saw her was 3 years ago where I was moved to Japan. My new foster home was japanese. They were really nice. I have 5 foster brothers, so I guess that's the reason why I'm boyish.

My name is Jimmy but my real name is Jaimy, and I'm 16 years old. I'm an abandoned child and I live with my foster parents in Japan. I speak english and japanese. I act and dress like a guy because of my brothers influence. Ever since I started living with the Takahashi family. me and my brothers would go out and play sports or we'd help out our dad who was working on fixing cars. I learned how to fix cars and drive one. I learned how to do martial arts and my hobby is reading, writing, or playing. I also love snowboarding and skateboarding. My brothers taught me when we went to Iceland. My brother Takagi took us there.

I'm not the the type of person who like to hangout except if it's someone very close to me. I didn't want to be involve in the society. I was homeschooled by my parents and work at home doing chores.

...

"Yeah, What is it?, I asked. Tina smile and said "I found your real parents". My eyes widen in shock after hearing what she just said, at first, I thought she was lying until she took out a folder and handed it to me. I opened the folder. Inside it there were documents and papers about my identity and my real family. My real parents lived in New York. They were rich and it said that they own quite a lot of buisness. Rignt now, they were on vacation and I guess they've use that time to look for me.

"They said they want you back". she said and handed me a letter. I opened it and started to read:

Dear Jaimy, It's been a long time and we are really sorry for not taking care of you. We're really happy that we finally found you. It took us a lot of time for the investigators to find you. We apologize for not raising you for the past 16 years, so please let us make up to you darling. I hope you'd consider giving us a chance to become a parent to you. We wanted to get to know you more. Your father and sister will be waiting." Love, Lily and Jhake.

I thought about what the letter said. It's going to take a lot of time for me to decide. I wasn't just going to leave my family here. I have a good life and I don't think they're going to bother that. I can't just leave them here after what they all provided for me, a family. I went back home and skipped dinner and went straight to my bedroom. I let all my problems slip off my mind and went off to sleep.

I was awakened by the light of the sun. I stood up and got showered. Just then, I remembered the letter. After taking a long cold shower, Two weeks passed and I called Tina, my social worker and told her that I've made up my mind. I needed to let my foster parents first tho. I called my family to have an important meeting.

"のための会議は何ですか? (What's the meeting for?)", asked brother Jiro. Everyone looked at me.

"問題を持っていますか?(Do you have a problem?", asked my parents looking worried.

"Mom, dad, bros......My social worker said that they finally found my real parents and uhhh",Dad stopped me before I can continue. He said "It's okay. You can go back if you want. We've notice you for the past 2 weeks and it looked like you were having a problem"

What!? They let me go that easy? Woah, it was easier that I thought. I thought it was going to be dramatic like what brother Teyuki would say when he tells me stories about people being drifted apart. My other brother Takuma looked sad. I told him that it was going to be okay and that I will keep in touch through emails and letters. I knew he would be like this since he was like my best friend. I went out to visit Yuko's house.

"Kon'nichiwa!" she said smiling. She invited me in. I told her that I was going to tell her something important.

"I'm going back to US to live with my real parents". She frowned after she said that. She almost cried but I hugged her.

"It's okay. I'm glad you found your real parents. You can finally go back.", she said. "Don't worry, I'll try and catch up to ya". She laughed

When I came to Japan, I would always go out and sit on that old bench near her house. One day, I saw her walk out and she invited me to play with her. I was shy and kept refusing so she just stayed with me. Everyday, she would come up and chat to me. I enjoyed her accompany and I started to open up myself to her. One night, when we were looking at the stars, we made a promise.

"Whenever you go, I'll always be there. Whenever I go, you'll always be there", she said and help up her pinky. I nodded and asked "What's the finger for?"

Pink promise~! and we continued trying to reach the stars.

A week passed and I was at the Dremot's Cafe. I was going to see her in any minute. I saw her waked in and I waved. She came and sat in front of me with documents in her hands. We ordered two tea with cake.

"So, you've made up your mind?", Tina asked. I hesitated and thought about ny decision for a while. I took a long breath and said "Yeah, I'll give them a chance". The waiter came and brought us our order.

"Well, your parents provided me money for your travel", she said. "Here's your plane ticket. I got everything handled, just make sure you have your passport and belongings with you"

"When do I leave?, I asked.

"The day after tomorrow", Tina replied. I was surprised that I'll be leaving earlier than I thought. We finished eating and said goodbye after.

I went home and told my family about my leave. The next day, my family canceled all of their schedule and we had family bonding. We shared fun memories before I left.