chapter nine

written in bold - your thoughts,
written in italic - his thoughts.
————————————————
(tired) author's note: "did we fuck or not?"; "did we do it or not?"; "just stop and tell us!" how about y'all wait a bit, stop posting the same comment over and over again, and read the next chapters (where all answers are)? :) for real, now, it's getting old.
————————
the same day, 
01:50 pm
fall of 2022
————————

"You don't remember what happened last night, don't you?"

You avoid his intense stare, fingers fiddling with the hem of your — his — shirt. It couldn't be, you then think once again. He is joking, he must be!

That is what has been running through your mind since you woke up. All the what if's and couldn't be's are the reason why your rationality is blurry, clouded by your desire to find out what exactly happened last night to make you feel this way. Looking for answers is not easy, especially when you can't even recall if he actually kissed you after he tickled you or not.

"I presume you're thinking that I am lying to you," Scara utters as he drops the knife and cleans his hands with a small kitchen towel. "How amusing..."

You purse your lips in an attempt to stop the thoughts threatening to spill out of your mind.

"But if I lied to you, then why are you still here?" He continues softly. "Wearing my clothes," he tugs at the hem of your shirt to pull you closer. "My scent is all over you."

Your heart skips a beat.

"Scara..." You mumble.

Then his heart does.

Cause, oh, how he loves hearing his name when it's said by you, called by you, moaned by you.

Yet I can just dream.

"Please stop playing with me, this is serious!" You take a step closer to the wall behind you, as he steps forward. "I want to know," you continue, "I need to know if we did something last night."

He's got you cornered right now, your back making contact with the cold surface as he towers over you with his confident and intense presence.

"Did we...?" You look him right in the eyes.

The sly smirk on his lips disappears and a serious expression adorns his features.

"Is that what you want to hear?"

"Huh?"

He pushes the dark locks away from his face with his fingers, long sigh escaping his lips.

"It's up to you," Scara mutters. "After all, you still won't remember what happened last night either way and you can't change the past."

"But you're my best friend! And-" You say as your hands grip the material of your shirt. You stop yourself before you could say what Heizou revealed to you at the party. Him having feelings for someone else...

"That means you know me the best," he shrugs.

"Yeah," you mumble. "Yeah, you're right! You wouldn't do that to me. How could I doubt you like that?"

He wouldn't do that to me if he has feelings for someone else, right?

A quiet, nervous chuckle leaves your lips. You didn't notice the way his confident persona faltered in front of you when you mumbled those words, or the way his eyes darkened with an understated sadness.

"You got your answers then," he concludes with a soft nod.

You raise your head up to finally look at him again after your heart stops its erratic dance.