| PROLOGUE |

I S A B E L L A 

I stared in front of me, the cars were stuck in traffic and I needed to reach the airport.

Finishing the photo shoot in New York, I decided to go back to Paris and end my life for good. I haven't told Tess or Emma about these suicidal thoughts I've been having lately. I haven't told them that every single night; I face the same nightmare on loop. Every single night, I feel his dirty hands roaming on my body and touching to places making me feel filthy.

No one knows about it. My room is sound proof, no one heard me scream and cry during the nightmares. I wake up feeling breathless and cry myself to sleep.

Not anymore, I've had enough. I cannot . . . take it anymore. I am not that strong. I-I just can't. I am tired. My whole body and my mind are tired. I have no one. Even Enzo left me, my parents let him abuse me, and my friends don't want to know me anymore.

But before I end my life, I need to see him for one last time—Enzo.

One of my hackers tracked him down to the Central Park. "How much more time, Alex?" I asked.

"Just a few more minutes, Isa." He sighed and took a turn leading to the park. "Finally. Here we are." He sighed. He cut the engine off and walked out of the door, opening my door he helped me get out.

I thanked him. "You stay, here. I'll be back in a few minutes." I said.

"But. . ." Now, before he could say anything, I cut him off. "Don't argue, Alex. Do as you are asked to." He sighed and rolled his eyes.

I covered my face with a surgical mask and grabbed my purse. Closing the door, I walked into the park. Children's and their happy giggles and laughs filled into the air. It was such a good sight. I wondered if I had escaped him, maybe I would be here with my daughter in my arms.

I walked in to search for Enzo. Sara did tell me that he adopted a boy a few months ago. Out of blue, a ball hit my legs softly. I glanced down; a little boy came running to me. He timidly stood there. I bent down and offered him his ball. His little hands took it from me and he gave me a small smile.

"Thank you." He said. I nodded at him. He ran away and my eyes followed him. He ran to a certain someone making my heart stop. He ran to a very widely smiling Enzo. The boy laughed and Enzo scooped him in his arms and tickled his belly making him giggle.

My heart melted at it—his smile and the little boy's laugh. They both ran away to two other people. Mia and Nicolas. They all smiled. Enzo set the kid down and they all played with him.

They all laughed and giggled happily. I thanked the all mighty that atleast he kept them all happy.
Atleast, Enzo is happy despite whatever I put him through. At least he found his happiness and is living through it. I am so glad that he is happy. I can happily die now.

They all laughed when Nicolas fell on his butt and tickled the child when he laughed running to him. I smiled and prayed to keep them this way—happy. I turned around to leave, only one last glance. I turned around to find Enzo staring at my direction with a frown. I smiled beneath the mask, does he knows it is me? Chuckling to myself, I walked out of the park and Alex drove us to the airport. We sat in my private jet and flew back to Paris.

~~~

Elena and Tessa smiled as I walked into the house. "Lunch is ready."

"I'll be back in ten." I nodded. Only I know that they will not see me ever again. I took my bags from Alex and went up to my room. Closing the door behind me, I placed the bags near the door. After everything, Tess decided to move to Paris for a fresh start for me.

I threw my phone and purse over the bed and went into the bathroom. Turning the tap on I leaned on the sink. I glanced at my reflection in the mirror. I looked so pale, so weak, and so helpless, so . . . broken.

I am Broken Without You, Enzo.

I closed my eyes and sighed turning the tap off. My body was too exhausted to stay alive. I wanted to get rid of this filthy life. I had nothing now, no love, no parents, no kids, no friends, nothing. It is good if I end this pain at once, maybe I will be at peace then.

I kneeled down and rampaged through the cabinets. Ha! I pulled out the knife. A small pocketknife. I hid it here. I took it out and eyed it. My phone rang in the bedroom; I went and saw Tess calling me, probably because I was making them wait for lunch.

I ignored it and went back into the bathroom. Taking the knife in my hand, I checked the sharpness with my finger, blood tickled down my skin. I sighed.

Finally, I can put an end to all of this painful and torturous life. I do not deserve to live after ruining lives of all the people especially Enzo and my kids.

I glanced at myself in the mirror and smiled. Taking the knife to my wrist, I plunged it inside my skin making it burn with pain. Blood tickled down my hand. I dragged the knife down up to my arm. The knife fell off my hand and blood oozed out in pressure, down my hand to the floor.

"Isa?" I heard Tess knock on the door. I kept quiet and stared at myself in the mirror. A girl stared back at me. She was broken. Her eyes were dull, her body was lifeless and her mind was dead. She lost everything, her kids, her parents, her friends and her love . . . Enzo.

She was a few minutes away from her death and finally getting her peace from her shitty life.

When I didn't answer, she banged again. "Isabella! Open the door!" She banged again, "Isa!"

I walked up to the door, dizziness filled my senses, and blood flew. I gripped the door, I heard her talk outside the door and she banged again, "Are you in there? Is everything okay? Please answer me, I am scared now."

"What happened?" I heard Alex ask her.

"She isn't opening the door." Tess panicked. "What if someone's in there?"

"Don't worry, I'll handle." He assured her. He started banging on the door as well; I made my way back to the bathroom with the help of wall. I wanted to see myself when I die. I wanted to remember what I did and how I ruined my own life.

My legs went weak and I gripped the counter whimpering.
"Isabella! I am breaking the door, stay away!" Alex yelled. I heard Coco bark loudly.

A soft sob left my lips. I am so weak. So weak. I wasn't even able to protect my loved ones and myself. The sound of him breaking the door scared me. What if they save me? I know Tessa damn well that she won't let me die then.

I just want to free myself from this pain and guilt. I don't want this dirty body, that was abused on daily bases.

The door of bedroom finally broke and Tessa shrieked. "Is that blood?! Where is she?"

My eyes began drooping and body started shutting down. I blinked my eyes several times.
"Tessa! Bathroom." Alex said. "The blood trail starts and ends at bathroom, keep your gun ready." I heard a click.

The bathroom door opened and Emma gasped loudly. "Isa?" Tessa called me softly. "What happened?" She touched my shoulder. I turned to face her. She whimpered loudly when she saw my bloody wrist.

"Isa . . ." before she could say anything, blackness covered my vision and my body was about to fall but I felt someone catching me. Screams and cries of everyone calling out my name was the last thing I heard along with the ringing in my ears.