Chapter 1: Fresh Start

A/N: I am rewriting this story. Also, SessKag shipping is involved. That's it.

Kagome's adventure is finally over. Naraku was defeated and the Shikon Jewel was wished out of existence. Now it was time for Kagome to move on with her life after she got back to the modern era.

She had thought to stay in the federal era and create a life for herself with her friends, but after a long while, she came to realize that she doesn't belong in their time, so she decided that it was time for her to return to her own time and lead a normal life. So with a heavy heart, she said goodbye to her dear friends and adoptive son Shippo and passed through the well for the last time.

Upon arriving home she decided that staying at the Shrine was no longer an option. It held too many painful memories for her and if she was going to move on with her life she needed a fresh start somewhere new, somewhere far, somewhere not in Japan, so Kagome went to go talk to her mother about this. However, her mother suggested that she should be moving with her uncle, Tom, the older half-brother of her father. Her mother has called Tom on a phone saying that Kagome wanted to move to North America to live with him and his wife Maddie.

Then it turned out that Tom had no problem with the idea of Kagome moving in with him. His wife Maddie was living with him as well because they were married and they both thought that it was a good idea. So she and her mother made all the arrangements necessary for Kagome to get her citizenship since she had dual citizenship through her father. She got her passport and her savings, packed her belongings, and left for Green Hills, Montana.

When Kagome arrived from the airplane, she was completely exhausted. She got off the plane and trudged through the small airport looking for her Uncle Tom. She looked at the faces in the crowd when she noticed a dark-haired man with sunglasses holding up a sign with her name on it, now and then he would glance down at a picture.

She smiled and walked up to him, "Uncle Tom?"

"Kagome?" Tom responded as he looked down at the picture one more time.

Kagome smiled, nodding to the older American man standing in front of her. She set her luggage down and hugged him, and he awkwardly hugged her back. He pulled away from her and examined her a bit closer.

"You have your dad's eyes," Tom said.

She smiled, "Really?"

"Yep." He replied, "You look just like him."

"Thanks," Kagome said, blushing in embarrassment. After that, Tom bent down and picked up her luggage while she carried her backpack.

They made their way through the small airport towards the parking lot where they reach a police cruiser, Tom pulled out his keys and opened the car, putting her things in the trunk. She gave him a questioning look.

"I'm the local Sheriff of Police in Green Hills," Tom answered her silent question.

She nodded in understanding. She walked over to the passenger side door and sat beside her uncle. The drive down to Green Hills took an hour, but it was a pleasant hour. Kagome and Tom talked for a while but he noticed she looked tired so he let her sleep the rest of the way, which was fine with her.

As they were almost there to Green Hills, Kagome was suddenly startled awake by the amount of strange aura coming from the area. She can instantly tell there must be demons around the world, which was uncomfortable she looked around wondering if the town was close by. No, it wasn't a demon. It was an animal that she didn't know that it has powerful auras.