Chapter 2

Miss Jazz stood proudly as every student entered. I had been early. 7 am was homeroom. Each student had a different homeroom. Which means the rest of the day, we will float off to the peculiar classes.

  "Miss J, you are glowing," I say. "And I am not saying it to make you feel okay... I mean it"

  Thanking me she began to gather and sort through her lesson stack. Rosie and Layla entered, taking their seats beside me.

  How the heck did she sneak in a computer? "Where did that come from?" Layla voices my thoughts. Rosie just shrugs.

  She may be silent now but she will be very useful during our time at this school. The other students entered while I stared in stunned disbelief. As the lesson began, I shook myself enough to pay attention to 'The periodic table...

"Psst!"

In an attempt to avoid the person, I ignored them. Until I had enough and turned my body around. Eyes narrowed; nostrils flared. But he was the guy from this morning. Calming myself I asked him, "What?" in a low voice.

   "Are you okay?" he asked.

"I don't need your sympathy" I replied, and Layla tapped on my shoulder. My right shoulder and I glanced at her. She pointed to the front. Oh. Miss Jazz was looking completely ready to tear me apart. That's when I realized. I shouted. Yep. I am so dead.

She gave me my first detention, and I went off to my next class. A woosh of the air, and I look behind me. A knife stuck to the wall with a piece of paper. 'Meet me at the rooftop, 10 pm'

No other information was provided. I pulled the small knife and quickly caught the paper. Crumbling it, I find the near trash can and dispose of the evidence. Sure. A rendezvous meeting with this random person is strange.

  Lunch was more of a mess than Breakfast. The Barbie doll proceeded to give me a stare of pure hatred... I had no intention of getting in her claws. Rosie, Layla, and I picked the same lunch. Rice and chicken. Gotta stay healthy, I guess.

All three of our watches vibrated. 'Gun practice in the grounds after school. Do not be late - Miss J'... We gaze at each other and nod. Layla got classes suited for her. She may or may not ace these specific classes.

   Mine was Gym. Where sweaty dudes were on the field. Rosie was all for computers. So... We can guess which class she got. The lockers smelled wildly of gym socks and... Holding my breath, I changed into the gym uniform provided.

  It had a wide size around my waist, going up to my knees. I tightly tied my hair so it won't cause me trouble. I avoided him or he avoided me. I was in cahoots. Or the gym coach worked me to the bones.

   The classes were over... And now it was time for Gun lessons with Miss J. My eyes kept trying to close, but a loud smack on the back of my head, and I was alert.

  "Okay, since everyone's here. Let us begin. So, the properties of a gun... What are they?" Miss J asked.

  Layla's hand shot up. She answered in another language. Russian, or Korean? Those languages sounded way too similar. Question after question... Answer after Answer. And we were finally done.

  "Miss J, what time is it?"

  Rosie, Layla looked stunned... Miss J glanced at her watch.  "Almost 5, why?"

  "Nothing... Just curious about the time"

   Plenty of time to kill before meeting him at the rooftop. Since Miss Jazz dismissed us, I went to find the guy from this morning. The search was endless until I spotted a blonde and the same guy talking to each other.

   "If you want to know his name, I can tell you," someone said. I turned and almost screamed... but it was only Rosie.

  "Yes, I want to know his name"

"Hold on" she said, and produces a computer out of thin air. The fingers fly across the keyboard as she types. This computer wants us to be found. Instantly the screen dissolves and shows him. Hair is jet black and messy. His features are sharp. High nose, eyes color of the ocean... "Aaron" 

 "As In Hotchner or" I ask, and she glares at me. 

"No... Aaron as in Aaron Jakoby" She replies, hissing the name out like it was poison. "His father owns Jakoby Diamond Exchange" 

"The blonde?"

"Snow Moon....Her grandfather is in charge of the wedding dresses...If they merge... It'll be a huge advantage" 

"Okay, thanks, R... Good night" I say and rush her to the dorm room. Wandering through the cold and dark corridor trying to find the rooftop of this school. 

It's almost 10 and I am waiting for them to show up. "Sorry I am late, had to kill some people"