Chapter One: The light across the yard

The usual clamor ,  atmosphere, and the sound of pencil tapping against the table surrounds the student council room where Brenda King is proposing her nee project for the school. I gave her a curtly nod trying to keep my head and thoughts straight especially when ai only had 4 hours of sleep because of essays and speeches that I had to make. "And with that being said, we can add our planned school merchandise for foundation day, well of course if you approve it Leigh." She said giving me a smile with her gaze fixed on me. My head can't seem to process all that was happening but, Jules gave me a hard nudge on the shoulder making me jump upright in my seat

I quickly glanced to my left and right and noticed that the rest of the student council were all staring at me.

"Uh-uh,, yes-yes of course I approve that Brenda." I said half yawning. Brenda seem to be happy with that and sat on her chair. Brenda is a tall, long-legged brunette with a gorgeous smile. I've known her ever since I was in pre-school, we're friends but not as close as my relationship with Jules.

Jules Murray is also one of the prettiest and brightest students in West acre Academy. Although, she may not be an achiever-she's definitely one of the most hard working students I have ever had the pleasure to meet and she's also my best friend. I call her Jules, rather than her real name Julianne.

also met her back in our elementary days and we were inseparable ever since. I glanced at the sheets of paper laid in front of me and read suggestions and comments for the school's upcoming events. "These are some of the students' suggestions Leigh, and we will be needing and adding at least 10 great and reasonable ones for our event. So do you mind on choosing one right now miss President?" Said Jules pointing at the sheets of untouched papers. Yes. I am the president of the student council and its my responsibility to maintain peace and order, to establish rules, and lead the students of West Acre . Sometimes, the job can be very grueling and so stressful but, I have this passion for helping other people and make a difference and maybe that's the reason why I ran for my position.

Just before I was about to choose from it the school bell cut me off indicating that its already past the school's curfew and we need to leave the campus already. "Thank you for coming for today's meeting and I hope to see you all next week." I said standing up from my seat and collecting my files. Yes, I can finally go home and enjoy the rest of the Friday night.

"Do you want to go to my house and watch a movie?" asked Jules giving me a grin. To be honest, I wasn't in the mood to do anything so I said "No, I'm sorry." Jules understood and went home.

                                                                        *  *  *

I waited for my mom to pick me up and gladly went home. As soon as I got home, I took my uniform off and quickly took a shower washing the stress for the whole day. "Dinner is ready sweetie!" called my mom downstairs. I really wasn't in the mood to eat but, its mom's cooking so I had no choice. I lazily walked downstairs and sat in the kitchen counter where my mom was just doing the dishes. My mom is a tall, slim woman with long black hair. Although, I don't say this to her often but, she looks younger than her real age. She's probably the most supportive mom a kid could ever ask for. She's supportive without making you feel uncomfortable but there are times where she just gets to my nerves. I mean I swear for one moment she's all sunshine and rainbows and next thing you know she's a cloud of thunder and a hurricane all in one. So, I make it a habit not to get in her bad side.

"So, how was student council meeting?" she said as she wipes the dishes with a table cloth. I shrugged, not really in the mood for anything. "Was it a productive meeting?" she smiled and I can't help but smile too so I replied. "Yeah, it was alright." I said finally finishing my meal. I washed my plate and kissed my mom good night. "Don't forget to brush your teeth okay?" she said and gave her  thumbs up.

I was about to head upstairs when a peculiar sight caught my attention.I took a few paces back, and paused right at our window, gazing frantically. It was our neighbor's house that is brightly lit up. I could feel goosebumps run through my arms at the sight of it. Its been a long time since the last time I saw it bright as it was that night. I ran to my mom hoping she'd know the answer to this weird sight. "Mom, our neighbor's house is lit!" I shouted trying to keep calm but, it was fucking terrifying. My mom looked at me with round eyes and glanced at the window. I was hoping for an explanation when she simply shrugged. What the hell?

"Mom, in case you don't notice- our neighbor's house is brightly lit up and its been 10 years since someone lived there." I said. My mom stopped her work and sighed. "That's because they're back." she said giving me smile. "

My head seem to have a problem at the sound of what she said. Its been 10 years, and I found it hard to remember everything that has happened. Then I remember. Everything.

"Is he back too?" I said my lips pursed. My stomach felt weird and so did my head. He's back. My mom nodded, and it felt worse.

Ten years ago, I had a friend named Adam. Well, he was sort of my best friend. His name was Adam Kingsley. We did everything together and had hell of a childhood together. It was 7th birthday when his family decided to leave for the UK, and they decided to take Adam with them. It was a painful event, and the worse was he didn't even bother to tell me anything and he didn't say his goodbyes. I tried to forget about it thinking that we were still kids back then but, before he was my everything. As cheesy as it might sound, that was the truth. I forgot about him ever since and only remembered him today.

"They arrived this afternoon. I saw his parents and Adam too. You should go and say 'hi' tomorrow." she smiled but, I couldn't answer one bit. It felt so awkward and weird. "Yeah" I sighed and scurried to my room jumping ever so quickly. I stared at the ceiling for what seemed like forever taking a trip down memory lane.

I remember being so happy when we were kids-Having no care in the world and just being kids. Never have I imagined this day would come. I never actually thought about the fact that he might comeback.

This may sound so annoying and cheesy but, back when we were kids.. I had feelings for him, and we made a promise to each other. I rubbed my eyes and slapped my face again and again trying to scratch the memory of him. I finally got tired of remembering and fell asleep moments after.

A/N:

Hello lovely readers! I hope you're liking the first chapter so far and I hope you stick around for more chapters because its gonna get better. I promise!

Love you loads, comment and vote please!

Love Lots,

greaserkid*