Chapter Six "Day Out"

Its a Saturday, meaning no school, no priorities, no responsibilities, no president shit. Saturday is seriously the greatest and without a doubt the best day in a whole week. It was 12 in the afternoon. I looked around and smiled to myself. I was still wearing my pajamas. There wasn't a sound coming from the house and that could only mean that my mom is out.

   I sat up, and took my phone from the bedside table. I tapped it open, and quickly read the messages my friends left me. I received so many messages already, either that or its just noon. I opened Jules' message and read:

''Its Beth Sanders' birthday today! You coming? :))) " I groaned trying to remember who Beth Sanders was. Beth Sanders 10th grade, Physics class. (Popular too)
I opened a couple of more messages from Collin and Harvey both containing the same party message. I stood up, contemplating wether I should come or not. I never did like parties. The only parties I've ever been to are my mother's Christmas parties.  I can't seem to get the idea of teenage parties. Why do people love them so much? Its a lame excuse for people to rub bodies with each other. I mean, seriously how stupid could you get?

    I replied with a 'No, not coming.' And went straight downstairs. I glanced the kitchen and read a note mom had left for me to read.

"I know you'd still 'till noon. So go help yourself with whatever there is inside the fridge.
                                                                                                                        Love, Mom
    I smiled and opened the fridge to see what I could devour into. There was a half eaten burger, orange juice and a box of pizza containing 3 slices of pizza, of course I went for the pizza. I settled on the coach scrolling through my phone when it suddenly rang.

"Hello?" I said quietly then Jules' voice came booming from my phone. I nearly choked myself from the sound of it. "What the hell Jules?" I said through the phone as she kept on screaming. "Why are you not coming?" She exclaimed.
"Let's see, beers, jocks, cheer leaders, douche bags all in one place? No." I said drinking a glass of orange juice. Jules kept whining "But, you have to go out sometime Leigh!"

A weird thing about our friendship is that, we have big and totally different interests. Jules is very outgoing and very open to new sights, places, experience while, I enjoy the comforts of my bed, my computer and being alone. I guess I find solitude with it. "Sorry, you know me right? I'm just not into these kinds of things." I said guilty.
"I understand." She said her voice hurt that made me feel even worse. "Thanks, I'll call you when something comes up." I said hanging up.

* * *

Its six in the evening and still no messages or calls from Jules, maybe shes mad. Or just maybe shes really having fun at Beth Sanders' party. My mom still wasn't home so I was forced to cook for myself, and of course it ended up in flames so I just called and bought pizza. I opened my laptop and started to look for good chick flicks and someone came knocking ob my door. I groaned in annoyance, and ran to the door surprised to see Collin and Harvey's grinning faces.

"What are you doing here?" I said completely surprised pulling them into a hug. Collin grinned and returned the embrace. "Thought you needed friends to be with." Said Harvey. "Come in" I said but they quickly shook their heads. "What's wrong?" I asked them and they both exchange guilty looks with each other. "What?" I said my tone serious. "Okay!" Collin finally said agitated.
"Its Beth Sanders' birthday and we need to get in!" Harvey pleaded and I rolled my at them. Filthy rotten boys.
"Cant you figure this on your own?" I said crossing my arms but Collin grabbed hold of my shoulders and shook me. "Please, we need you there!!" He exclaimed