Chapter Three: "Morning pains and more pains"

Unfortunately, the weekends are over and it means its Monday again. Great. My mother, whose been inside and out of my bed room for almost 10 times is now scolding me. I groaned in annoyance. "Five minutes!" I groaned trying my best to locate my blanket but, it seems as if my mom pulled it for me get up already. I greet my teeth. I took a deep breathe, and got up.

I scanned my room and how a mess it was already. I looked at my phone, blinded by it's brightness. Shit. Sadly, no messages. I threw my phone at my bed and started to fix my bed sheets.

It took me forever to take a shower and when I finally was finished, I wore my uniform. Our uniform wasn't like the others. It had a white blouse a dark-sort of moss green neck tie that matched our knee length skirt. Some, dark grey socks, black leather shoes, and a light grey coat. I know, the color combinations are a bit lousy.

I fixed my mess of a hair that is dripping wet from the shower. As, I was about to brush my hair my mom came inside the room with a dirty apron tied to her waist. "Its been 10 minutes already! You're gonna be late!" she scolded through gritted teeth. I nodded in comprehension trying my best to contain my annoyance. Here goes my mother, getting mad and firing holes through me. She left the room muttering about how children act nowadays.

I took one last glance in the mirror and sighed. "Just, breathe through the day Leigh." I left my room shutting my doors closed and went downstairs. My mom was in the counter taking a sip from her mug of coffee. My mom works in the hospital as a nurse and she works around the clock. I didn't have a father. I mean, I must have one once but, he left and that's all the information my mom told me and I don't want to explore ore of that story. I'm happy with my mom alone. I have an older brother named Luke. He's now studying in a university in New York to pursue his long time dream of being an Architect. Someday, I'll study in NY too and be a successful business entrepreneur.

"I have to go now. I have a lot of people to assists today." said my mom walking around in circles and finally taking her keys and left for the door. "Alright, save many lives!" I said, as I waved a hand to my mom. I looked at our wall clock and the time read 6:45 just a couple of minutes from the school bell ringing.

Moments after that, I heard the sound of car horn and that means Collin is here. I smiled to myself and went outside locking the door behind me. I walked passed Adam's house where his mom was out watering their beautiful plants and flowers.

"You're on time." I said to Collin putting the windows down. As always, Collin covered his eyes with a pair of dark shades. He must have had another all nighter. "I couldn't sleep." he said with a yawn. "Well, why don't you stop playing video games for a change." I said opening the car door where Jules was seated she gave me a wave and a smile. "Can you not judge my way of leaving Dixon?" he groaned as he started the engine.

Every morning, Collin drives us to school along with Harvey, Jules and I. Harvey was always sat in the front seat beside Collin and me and Jules behind. "Collin decided not to sleep again." said Jules rolling her eyes. "Trust me, I have sleeping issues." Collin said sipping coffee from Starbucks. I told you he was rich.

"No, not sleeping-You really do have issues." I laughed and Harvey chuckled. Collin lowered his shades and raised an eyebrow. "Love you too Collin..." I joked

We finally arrived school and as always, the usual atmosphere greeted us. Harvey grinned from ear to ear when he saw a clique of girls including Brenda. "Can you stop drooling over Brenda?" said Jules with annoyance and disgust in her voice. "Why? she's super hot." Harvey said with a grin and Jules scoffed. Collin whose now devouring over his last coffee looked like a mess. "Seriously, aren't you going to fix yourself you look like a mess." I said through gritted teeth pulling his collars together. I'm sure with he'll be in a lot of trouble for his lousy uniform. "Can you stop it? I know what I'm doing." he said as he straitened his shades.