𝑬𝑳𝑬𝑽𝑬𝑵

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑬𝑳𝑬𝑽𝑬𝑵 ߊ 𝑇𝐻𝐸 𝑆𝑃𝐴𝑅

"Sleep. And when the nightmares come, I'll fight them off."

➶ ➴↶*ೃ✧˚. ❃ ↷ ˊ-

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐎𝐋 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃𝐍'𝐓 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐏 𝐈𝐓 𝐀𝐒 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐖, his annoyance reaching its limit with every shift that Dorian made. They stood in the shadows atop the mezzanine, watching as the twins sparred with each other.

Celaena had contacted him earlier, sending word that they would be using the training room. He'd invited Dorian to come and observe their progress but was quickly regretting it with every flinch that the prince gave. But it wasn't all Dorian's fault either. The way the sisters were fighting became similar to that of a bloodbath.

Mercy was nonexistent.

Celaena struck her fist against Mia's face, the thief falling to the floor. But the match was far from over, as Mia rolled to avoid her sister's lethal lunge. He knew they'd be sore the next day. It was likely that they'd complain about that day's training regime, Mia trying every possible trick of the trade the weasel her way out of it.

Their previous training had always been light, the room often being filled with their laughter and snide remarks. They were close, closer than Chaol had expected from a couple of assassins.

The twins always made sure the other was well, which was why he found it worrisome as they pummeled each other on the mat below. It was clear something had pissed them off. Whatever it was that had gotten to them had been harsh enough to rip off any hesitance they previously had in pummeling each other into the ground.

They were fueling their spar with a fury that threatened to burn down the room around them.

Celaena grunted in pain as Mia pinned her to the ground, a triumphant yet dangerous smile on her lips. The match, however, was far from over as Celaena kicked her in the chest and lunged, not giving her sister the time to recuperate.