01

𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧 ✑ ᴹⁱᵃᵐⁱ ᴮᵉᵃᶜʰ, ᶠᴸ

𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧
✑ ᴹⁱᵃᵐⁱ ᴮᵉᵃᶜʰ, ᶠᴸ

The crisp cold December air attacked Destin's bare skin, shaking her awake from the nightmare she had been having.

Her eyes opened and she gazed around the now somewhat full public park.

And just as she suspected, nearly everyone in the park was staring at her, causing the girl to stand to her feet and begin to walk.

Though she really had nowhere else to go she refused to be the topic of anyone's conversation.

Her day to day life was embarrassing and harsh enough she didn't need to be judged on top of it.

She felt the goosebumps on her skin through her ripped jeans as she walked down the bustling projects.

As the weather worsened, Destin knew she would have to find some new clothes soon. Or steal some.

Living on the streets at such a young age definitely wasn't easy. Especially for a girl like Destin.

But it certainly beat the next to daily abuse that she faced at her uncle Elroys.

Ever since her daddy got shot three years back and her grandma lost her battle to cervical cancer within the last year, her life never would be the same.

Her whole family treated her bogus and it seemed like she came last in everyone else's eyes.

But she couldn't blame nobody.

They was all too deep into their own lives and problems to worry about anyone else's, not even each others.

Granny really was the only one who cared about keeping the family together in the first place.

And Destin knew that from a very young age. But never in a million years could she see her life turn out to be this shitty ; where she really had no one to run to.

It seemed like for months on end, every single night
she was left to pray for something to change.

For him to have some random change of heart.

For him to just stop sneaking into her bedroom and taking advantage of her new found vulnerability.

But before too long, Destin quit believing in god, and in turn blamed him for everything.