02

𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧 ✑ ᴹⁱᵃᵐⁱ ᴮᵉᵃᶜʰ, ᶠᴸ

𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧
✑ ᴹⁱᵃᵐⁱ ᴮᵉᵃᶜʰ, ᶠᴸ

I've been staying at Ari's apartment complex with her for about a week now.

And things were going great between the two of us. I actually felt myself starting to open up to her.

Which was not a common thing for me to do with anyone, let alone females. But she was different.

I seen so much of myself in her and so much of her in me. We lived through alotta of the same shit.

I've filled out several job applications but haven't received any call backs, yet, which really sucks.

I hate living off other people and Ari is always offering to pay for everything which makes me feel like a bum ass bitch because I have nothing to offer to repay her, besides filling her house with groceries.

But shit that's my link. That shit don't come outta my pocket.

Oh, and I guess I do keep the house clean and cook dinner for her every night so she got a hot meal when she get in from work.

But it still ain't enough. That's little shit compared to the big shit she's done for me. A complete stranger.

Before Ari came along, I never had anyone look out for me like this... Not since I was a shorty, anyway.

And even then they always seemed to expect more and more shit back than what they've given to me.

Or they used me in my weakest most vulnerable moments. But I never got that vibe off shorty.

She just seems so genuine and down to earth. My saving grace for real. And I would forever be grateful

It just always caught me off guard how she told me not to worry about this or that around the house.

In fact, all Ari ever said was to "worry about bettering (my) mental" and "finding me".

But I was always raised up on being a woman of the house. To maintain it, no matter what was going on.

Every home I ever lived in, no matter my age, I took care of the men of the house. Did damn near everything for them. Lived for them.

Daddy was the only man who ever respected and appreciated me; for me. He made the household work an option and not literally apart of who I was.