chapter 2: The escape

For a better experience listen to Lily by Alan Walker

Okay, so... Maybe my brilliant plan wasn't so brilliant. Immediately I stepped out, and all the night guards turned their eyes on me.
"..... H-hello" I stuttered
"Cease her!"
"Wait!"
"Why?!"
"Because...my dad...asked me to...get...a man...named... Michael"
I thought it was pretty clear I was lying, but just like that, all the night guards went to the village looking for a man named Michael. There might even be a million Michaels in this village or even none at all, but all I knew was that it was funny what they would do just for the King.
As they opened the gates from the palace to the village, so they could march house to house looking for 'Michael', I slipped through but my nightdress got stuck on a part of the gate I successfully tore it, but tripped on it. Thankfully, I caught myself by using my hands to support my body against the floor and the night guard didn't see me since they were too busy marching house-to-house looking for my imaginary Michael. I stole a horse (it isn't really stealing if it's your Kingdom) and made a run for it. And the guards were still clueless because they were looking for 'Michael'

Note: don't do things you don't know how to do like riding a horse. About only 2 meters away from the palace, I fell off the horse, this was all my father's fault. Assuming he'd just let me ride a horse when I was 6 years old, I wouldn't be here right now, and just my luck; I fell on a puddle of mud.
' Hurray, let's play annoy the princess, it sounds fun ' was probably what life was saying. I dusted my night dress... Or at least I try to.
It was already daybreak and my little princess legs were killing me. I felt like collapsing on the spot, but as the sun rose I realized there was an island there I could see the reflection of the sun on the water just a few meters away from me, thank God. When I got there the first thing on my mind was that I was dirty so I undressed to take a bath in the water, not even thinking at all. I had no idea what I was going to wear, but I didn't care at that moment. What I knew was that princesses were not supposed to be dirty it was until I got out that I realized what a fool I'd been. Luckily or unluckily, you choose, I saw a tent at the far end near some trees, and again not thinking I entered the tent. You're probably thinking; are all princesses fools ?? or it's just this one.
And for your information, princesses are smart, but do not think well in the woods!
Looking back on it, I can't believe I didn't think that anybody would live in a tent and it would just randomly be there. Anyway, I wrapped the only clean part of the nightgown around my body and then I entered and saw a girl with dark skin, Brown curly hair, and hazel eyes something was wrong I knew this girl I just couldn't find where I'd seen her but I was sure of it. Her looks, everything, she looked very familiar, like someone from my childhood.
"Aaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!!" The girl screamed

"Aaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!!" I screamed too. I had no idea why she was screaming, but if she was screaming that meant something bad was happening and I should probably scream too.

"Why the hell are you screaming?" She asked

"I thought it was obvious it's because you were just screaming. Meaning something bad is happening" I replied

"Yeah, no kidding. You're a damn stranger in my tent!!"

"Sorry," I finally reply.
She got me clothes to wear which were very very filthy for a person like me. Of course, I haven't told her yet that I was a princess, in case of anything since she looked so familiar and I believe since she was giving me things ( even though they were very filthy ) I should at least talk to her or know her name so I asked;
"What is your name?"

"Honestly, I don't know. The only thing I can remember is a sweet smile from a man who calls me princess, so I guess that's my name now." She replied

I had a suspicion as to who she was, but it was just a nagging feeling that I hoped would go away because if it was true, then I'd be in the presence of my enemy and if she found out, I would be slaughtered.