Chapter 64: Where it all started

A flood of water laced with bands of green escaped onto the battlefield.

Do not carry this out. You'll burn out. I'll fade, your powers might fade, your life essence might fade!!!

" Then so be it " the flood flushed over our soldiers, healing myself ever so slightly and every one of our soldiers that weren't dead yet. And then Cillian slowly faded away.

He knew I was going to free fall, so he took me as far to the ground as he could before he vanished. I fell unconscious as I fell. And fell and fell. I could vaguely hear Nick screaming my name, but I could only imagine the horrified look on his face.
As the floor rushed to my face, I felt something cold wrap around my waist. I was still falling, but now it was as though I was being pulled down, and guessing from the metallic feel of what was on my waist, it was Nicholas's sword.

I've got you. Klara... Please. Don't die. I need you. Just hold on for a bit, for me?

The hurt in his voice broke my heart, but I couldn't stop my death.
Air and hair whipped around my face, but suddenly it stopped and I was pulled against a rock-hard chest, hard lips kissed my forehead.

" GET HELP!!! " The familiar male voice called out. Two soldiers carried me to the infirmary and in the distance I heard my father yelling orders. Typical.

Olivia
In all the seven kingdoms across the seven seas, Rhio's Oaklamia was the hardest to impress. Frankly, no kingdom in Rhio wanted to contribute- sorry, risk their soldiers to something that wasn't a threat to them. Wasn't a threat to them... Yet.
I'd covered 3 kingdoms from Pytha, our region. Coyoke and Aristotle. Treesury refused to take part in the contribution just because. And Lendfort refused to take part in the contribution because Taurus might. And that part of my mission was relying on Klara's mission. And the possibility of that mission going up in flames and affecting my mission was, according to Luis, 97% .

I'm always with you Olivia, right here " she said touching her chest "You might not see me all the time, but I'm there guiding you, and there might be times when you might make a colossal mistake, or you feel completely alone, but that's not true, I'm always with you, you have people who genuinely care and love you and there's no mistake that can't be fixed. There will come a time when you will need such advice, and no one will give it to you, because so will your comrades, hard times are coming Olivia, I've seen it. My mother's words replayed in my head again and again. Every single one of them who chooses to fight, form the alliance, 'tis the only way you can beat the Isosceles.
So that was what I did with a steely determination to make my mother proud. But why did she call them the isosceles?

" So what now? " I said to myself halfheartedly while looking at the stars, wondering if what my mother had said was true, if she truly was watching me. However, it was loud enough for Luis to hear.

" Well, Klara's mother was from Oaklamia... What are the chances the king is her older brother? "

" Luis, you're forgetting the part where royal families don't care about each other "

" And you're forgetting that kings like good appearance. A little charity case " he said with that cute, little, genius smirk.

" You have a plan "

" Of course, I always do "

" Let's tell him about the war on Taurus, the country his sister was married off to. In the morning "

" proof? " I asked

" we'll get it by morning," He said matter-of-factly. " Garrison "

He summoned his cheetah and then wrote something on a paper placed the paper in a parchment and attached it to the cheetah.