1 • The Day

The house was in a hurry burry. After all, it's their litle girl's marriage.  The proposal has came to them by itself. They had no idea of marrying off their little one so early but the groom family was so stubborn that the family had to accept it. The groom family didn't wanted to lose the chance of getting the princess of the reputed and rich family as their daughter in law.

The groom is a businessman, a beginner. So it is their profit to get connected to a family which is ruling the business world from decades.

"Intha poova poyi Shivangi room la vekkanume. Ellam enga poyi tholanjittangalo. Deiiii Ashwin inga vaada...."

Lakshmi, his Amma called out in frustration.  From nowhere, Ashwin landed infront of her, giving her a mini heart attack.

"Kazhutha kazhutha, ipdiya da varuva?  Naa ippove mela poi sernthura pothu."

She said smacking on his muscles, to which he hissed.

"Maa, nee apdiyellam po maaten, en appa innum okay thaan. Avangala oru vali aakama ungalukku entha prechanayum vara pothilla. So chill babe."

Ashwin pinched on her cheeks getting another smack in return on his beloved hands.

"Ippo enna edam maathi maathi adikkaruthukka neenga koopte? Enakku vera vela irukku maa."

He rolled his eyes on his maa. Suddenly his eyes landed on the mallippoo in her hand. His eyes widened.

"Ippove solren, naa ithellam poda maaten. Naa aambla maa..."

He got cut off in between by his maa.

"Deii, ithu en Shivangi kuttikku."

She said smiling. Suddenly he started to laugh aloud making her confused.

"Ippo ethukku nee ipdi korangu maathiri sirichittirukka?"

She asked annoyingly.

"Pinna, ipdi comedy panna sirikkama?" .

He said in between and continued laughing. He composed himself before speaking,

"Maa, naa sonnen la ambalainga poo poda maatan nu, apro epdi antha kutti pisasu poduva?"

He said chuckling to which his maa twisted his ear making him shout aloud in pain.

"Romba pesama poi intha poova avalukku koduthittu vaa, po."

She said giving the flower into his hand and pushing him to the stairs. He ran to her room with that flower, smiling.

He stood infront of her room and sighed. Something pricked inside him, thinking of her going away getting married, his best friend, his jerry, whom he love to fight with.

Taking a deep breath, he opened the door and the scene infront of him took his breath away. There sat her like an Angel from heaven, wrapped up in the pattusaree with ornaments adorning her.

It's  the first time him seeing her like a girl...no, like a woman. Otherwise, she would always hide herself in shirts, not hers but his. She loves to wear his shirts, always, from childhood.

He walked to her and stood facing the mirror from where he can see her face. She was sitting on chair after finishing her makeup, just the flower is missing for now.