𝑻𝑾𝑬𝑳𝑽𝑬

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑻𝑾𝑬𝑳𝑽𝑬 ߊ 𝑇𝐻𝐸 𝑆𝐼𝑆𝑇𝐸𝑅

"Bunnies are nice. If you really wanted different company you should have tried one of those. What, am I not good enough for you anymore?"

➶ ➴↶*ೃ✧˚. ❃ ↷ ˊ-

THE TEARS OF MORTALS had always been sacred objects coveted by the gods. The glorious liquid told them stories of the past, revealing what ailed the present and spoke unforetold tales of the future.

But even with the story's that came from such devastating emotions, the gods themselves could not stop the terrible silence that came next. It was unshakable, unmovable, and ever sullen. A sound that could bring even the greatest of them all to their knees.

Lillian woke the young thief that morning with a smirk, only for her smile to fall when seeing the blank expression Mia had given in return.

The young thief had blinked up into the pine-green eyes of the maid, silently assessing the woman. The silver roots of her hair sparkled in the sunlight, something that almost seemed magical

Or perhaps she was still dreaming of the stars, the ones that spoke of dreams and hope. The one that had been taken from her when she was young, stolen and twisted into dreams of shadows and death.

The woman pulled her from the bed and set her in the tub, calling in servants to help her bath, for she couldn't bring herself to move. Lillian said something softly to her, but she couldn't hear it. Morning birds sung, their wings flapping loudly, and Mia could almost feel her ears bleeding. She was hearing to much. To much, to much, to much

A terrible headache had formed, no doubt from the heavy tears she had spilled the night before, but she was silent through her pain —the way she had been taught all those years ago. The way Arobynn had demanded of her.

"Mia?"

The maid paused her movements before setting the brush down. She bowed slowly before scurrying away, making room for Celaena as her sister knelt beside her. A hand rested on her own clinched fingers that sat crumpled in her lap.

"It's time for training." Her sister spoke softly, eyes raised to the mirror of her own. "You need to eat."

It was then that the thief looked down where a mirror of her own eyes stared at her with love and concern. Lillian must have fetched her when she was in the bath. The chair they perched her on in front of the long vanity had done little to support her. She felt like she was falling, faster and farther than she could have stopped herself.