-» Epilogue

(for the best experience click the song above and listen while reading. headphones are recommended too. enjoy!)

CAROLINE'S POV

My knees break and I slip on ground

My knees break and I slip on ground. "Winnie." I cry out. "WINNIE!" Max tries to comfort me but I angrily push him away. "Get off me! Get off me! It's all your fault!"

"Caroline, calm down!" That's where I lose it. "Me? Calm down?! Why do you have to be so selfish?! Why?! You killed her, Max! You killed her! For what?! What has she done to you?! That she loved me?!" I scream and hit him. He holds my arms. I'm weak, normally I would knock him down.

"Caroline, listen! Please!" He begs. "You don't know a thing about love! You are with Allison, great, I was happy for you two, but what about me? What abour my happy ever after?! Winifred was it. I loved her for the way she was! How she changed for me! You are just an asshole to not see it!"

"Stop it!" Hell no. "You killed the only person who loved your sister. You're not my brother. But a murderer!" I glare. I reject it afterwards. This was too much. He turns away from me.

"Max, no. Oh God, I didn't mean it that way. Oh my God." I cry out and hide my face in palms. In surprise I found myself hugged by Dani. Max joins her. I slowly hug them. "I didn't wanted it to end like this. I assure you. I really messed it up. I'm sorry, sis." He says.

I can't believe, but I notice a sparkle of tears in his eyes as well. I hug him tighter. "Forgive me, Caroline." I'm not sure if I can, but my love to him hasn't changed. As I said to Winifred; We don't pick our siblings, but they are one blood. "I love you, Max. And I love you so much too, Dani."

I smile at Allison who's supportingly watching us. She was good for Max, I was still happy for them. Although I knew I'll stay alone for the rest of my life. No one will ever replace Winifred's place in my heart. Rather alone, than being with someone else. "Caroline." I stand up as other gasp in shock. It's Thackery Binx. In his human form. But as a ghost.

"Thackery? Thackery, it's you!" Dani says. He's joined by a little younger girl than him. His sister Emily. They were finally reunited. "You broke the spell. We are free now." Thackery says and squeezes my hand. I smile and squeeze the hand in return. "I at least saved you two."

"Not only them." We all turn to face Katharina walking over with Winifred's book.

"Katharina!" I call out and run over to finally hug her as she's not ghost anymore. I can see my siblings's and Allison's surprised faces of our similiarity, but we all have some mediavel twins, don't we?

"I knew you can do it." She smiles but it fades as she notices my sadness. "But what's that?"

"I lost her. Forever. If only I came sooner." I cry out, quiet. She raises my chin and then places Winifred's book in my arms. "It's never too late, remember? Maybe there's something you forgot about." She smiles and then steps back.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝓢𝓽𝓻𝓪𝓷𝓰𝓮 𝓜𝓪𝓰𝓲𝓬 ➺ 𝑤𝑖𝑛𝑖𝑓𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑠𝑎𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑟𝑜𝑛 🎉