𝓛𝓮𝓿𝓲 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓝𝓲𝓻𝓿𝓪𝓷𝓪

20

Levi's neck was on fire. From that place where Fala kissed him, a burn made its way to his whole neck skin.  It was a feeling he hasn't felt before. Fala was now in charge of their position keeping Levi close to her chest. It was warm and soft. In his sleep, Levi felt the warmth of the other's body.
The sun was rising. Outside the sky was dark, slowly turning pink. The boy was having a bad dream, frowning and sweating in her arms. It was a dream, resembling what had happened a long ago. His family. And a lot of screams.
  Throught the dark, both were lost in their dreams.
But then, Fala slowly opened her eyes. She was very tired, barely understanding her surroundings.  But she noticed that the boy was very disturbed. She slowly rised her arm, carrasing Levi's pink hair, comforting him, keeping him close.
  He was still asleep, but calmer than before, his breaths became slower and much quiet. But the burn on his neck got worse and worse, like his flesh was being melted alive, eaten by chemicals.
Yet his skin was intact, shiny and healthy. He started talking in his sleep, saying things like "stop" "don't" and some names Fala didn't catch.
"Levi" Fala tried to wake him up. But he didn't. He was still lost in his own state of mind.
"Shh" Fala continued, still carassing his hair. Seeing that the boy wasn't responding to her tries to help, she did what her mother always did.
  She kissed the top of Levi's head. A long kiss, which she didn't know, was about to drive him crazy.
Levi stopped moaning and frowning. The burn on his neck stopped, turning into an angelic feeling. From his neck, to his whole body, spread a weird sensation. He felt light, like a feather. Everything that was in his mind dissapeared, driving him into a whole new feeling. It was something out of this world. It was angelic. His soul and body were barely the same anymore. All the thoughts and problems he had were gone. His brain and soul reached the absolute of their existence, aknowledeging their purpose in life. But right when he was about to feel fullfilled, everything dissapeared and his body felt like falling. He fell and he fell. It was like falling from kilometers. Then his body stopped. His eyes suddenly opened, as he was still in his bed with Fala and Sia. Nothing was real.
"What happened?" Fala woke up.
"I-" Levi tried to speak, but he started coughing right away.
Fala put one palm on his back, trying to comfort the boy. "what's wrong?"
"I-I had a bad dream. Then, so-something else happened" he tried to remember. His neck was still burning, making it uncomfortable as hell.
Fala looked in the right side. Sia was still sleeping unbothered. She really was a heavy sleeper.
"Let's go back to sleep" she turned to Levi.
"The sun is rising, it's useless" he said looking with sad eyes in a point. He wanted to stay in Fala's arms and never wake up. He wanted affection. They way he was just held by his friend was so sweet...like the held of a mother.
Wait...Fala. She had kissed his neck. She was the one who put the 'curse' She was the reason of his pain.
"Fala" he looked at her with big eyes.
She was tired and her eyes were red.
"Hm?"
"Do it again"
"What?"
"Whatever you did. Do it again"
"I-i don't understand"
"Fala, please. It was divine, absolute. Please let me be free once again"
"Levi, I don't understand. What are you saying?"
"You did it! I know for sure. It never happened before. And my neck is burning, you kissed my neck..."
Fala had no clue what was happening. Did she do something wrong? She had kissed people before. She had held people in her arms before. But nobody had this reaction. Was it really her doing?
"Fala, please...make the burn stop. It's killing me"
"I-i don't understand...what burn...and what did I do?"
"You set my mind and soul free...do that again...when you did, my neck also stopped hurting and burning. Please"
But how can she do something she didn't even know she's able to? She looked dazled at the boy. "Fala, please...it felt so good"
She didn't say anything.
"Just do what you did before...Fala"
The girl still didn't say anything
"Fala, please, don't ignore me...I was free.." he said losing hope, burying his face into Fala's chest.
She placed her palms on the boy's shoulders. "I don't know what you are talking about, Levi. I am not capable of miracles.."
  He didn't respond anymore. Levi was laying in her arms, confused and feeling as he missed something.
Then he asked himself the same thing. What had happened? How did his body do this? His mind had been somewhere between life and death, neutral. He felt his nirvana. It was all so pure...yet so confusing.
Right now, the only wish he had was to dissapear. To be turned into ashes and be spread in the wind, so his body could travel throught the whole world. Only when this will happen, only when he will die, his soul will be at peace. Because his soul and brain were in a constant fight, a fight about life and reasoning

 Because his soul and brain were in a constant fight, a fight about life and reasoning