Chapter 2

When I wake up, I realize that I forgot to set my alarm so that I overslept. I was supposed to meet Luna at the mall about 20 minutes ago. I get up and look at my phone, only to see 6 unread messages; from there I reply saying, "I just overslept and I will be there in about 40 minutes." Her concern about me makes me smile a little. I grab a shirt and my favorite pair of ripped skinny jeans, and apply a thin line of eyeliner, and since I can't wear my converse I decide on some black flats. I look in the mirror one more time before grabbing my keys, phone, and wallet. I run down the steps and to my car, and as I put the key in, I wonder what it would be like to never come back, to leave this place that is like a prison cell to me.
20 minutes later
"Do you like this color, or this color?" Luna asks me, as my opinion is the only one that matters .
"Hummm.." I tried to decide what one would look better on her as the low music of the store played in the background, "They both would look nice on you."
"But," she stops, "I only have $20 left, and if I use my credit card one more time my dad is going to kill me."
"Fine, I will buy one and you will buy one, not like we don't wear the same size and don't raid the others closet for clothes." I say, holding back a laugh.
"Thank god," she says between giggles.
"Well-" I started, but was cut off just as the song was changing.
"NOVA," she yells and I know what happened, "I GOT A LONG LIST OF X-LOVERS!" her face turned red.
"Not another one of your random outbursts" I say, remembering the last one.
"Oh, yes, another one," and we both start laughing so hard our faces turned red and people started to stare.
"Umm," the store manager walked up to us "Could you to be a little quieter."
"Sorry," I say, "We were just about to check out. Come on Luna, we are done, let's pay for this stuff and leave."
"Ok," Luna says.
A few minutes later we were in the food court ordering pizza.
"What can I help you with?" The kid behind the counter asked, a forced smile plastered on his face.
"Um, what do you want? I am paying; who cares what my dad says."
"Two pepperoni." I say, turning around to find a place to sit.
"Ok," Luna says, interrupting my darting eyes, "Where we sitting?"
"Umm, how about there?" I say, pointing to a booth.
"Fine with me, I am starving."
When I sit down, I scan the food court and find a group of boys standing around. One of them said something, and apparently it was really funny because the one with died hair bent over holding his stomach, he was laughing so hard; I couldn't help but smile.
"Hello, earth to Nova, you still there? What you looking at?"
Realizing I was staring at them, "Nothing." I said blandly, but she moves to my side of the table and sees them, and there looking at us.
Luna yelled "Oh, Nova they're cute!" Just loud enough so they could hear her. My face turning a shade of red, I was sure I looked like a strawberry. They all smiled, looked at each other, talked a little, and started walking over to us.