Chapter Six - Lovebirds

"No!" I said for the 100th time. Hussain pouted.
"Oh no, don't you do those puppy eyes. They won't work on me." I frowned, turning my back to him. Hiya giggled.
"You two are so cute! Lovebirds!" She grinned. Me and Hussain both looked at her.
"Lovebirds? He wishes!" I shot a look at him.
"I don't. You do. Who can resist this hotness?" Hussain smirked, jerking his collar.
"Anyone." I smirked back.
"Haha. Very funny. You should be a comedian." Hussain narrowed his eyes at me.
"Yes I know." I grinned. Before Hussain could say something back, Hamzah intervened.
"Okay, can you two stop? I'm trying to study for a test I have next. I'm going to fail this." Hamzah put his head down on the table.
"Don't worry Hamzah, you're smart. You can do it." I smiled.
"Okay, back to me. Pleeeeease Fida! Help me with this assignment! I'll do anything." Hussain pleaded.
"No! How many times have I helped you? You need to do stuff yourself Hussain!" I said. I wanted to help him. Really. But I can't keep doing his assignments.
"Please Fida! One last time!" Hussain pouted again. I looked at him. Why couldn't I resist? I groaned.
"Fine. Should I come over to your house tomorrow?" I asked.
"No!" Hussain shouted. I raised an eyebrow.
"No, I mean, there's guests at my house. Cause it's Friday. Can I come over to your house?" He smiled sweetly. I nodded automatically.
"Awesome!" Hussain grinned.

Hussain's P.O.V

After school, I walked home with Shehry. We arrived home and I threw my backpack on the floor like I always did.
"Hussain, maine kitni baar kahan! Pick up your bag!" Mama called from the kitchen. I picked up my bag when Maha came toddling in. Shehry picked her up and kissed her cheek.
"Kaise hoon Maha?" Shehry grinned.
"Teek hoon." Maha said in her adorable voice. I smiled at them and went to my room, throwing my bag on the floor. Shehry walked in and climbed onto the top bunk of our bed.
"Hussain! I need your help yaar." Shehry said.
"Kya hai?" I said, turning on the computer.
"What do you call it when you think of someone the whole day?" Shehry asked. I glanced at him.
"Pyaar?" I questioned. Shehry sat up.
"Sachi?" He asked excitedly, reminding me of a hyper puppy. I shrugged.
"I don't know. I've never fallen in love." I said, sitting down on my chair. The doorbell rang, which we both ignored.
"What about that Spanish girl you liked?" Shehry asked. I groaned.
"That girl yaar! Kitni moti thi!" I complained. Waqas walked in.
"Hussain, stop calling Shehry moti." He scolded and climbed up to the top bunk of our beds.
"Not me yaar. That Spanish wali that he liked." Shehry smirked.
"Ayeeee! Spanish wali! Mucho hambre!" Waqas yelled.
"See, he should have gone out with the Spanish one. What did you call us?" I laughed.
"Mucho hambre means I'm hungry, gadhe ka baches." Waqas smirked.
"You're always hungry." Shehry muttered, earning a smack on the head from Waqas. Meanwhile, I went to Facebook and started stalking Fida's profile to see what she liked.
"Oi Hussain, you're on Facebook, right? Search up Ayesha Abbas for me." Shehry called.
"Ayesha? Madlab bhabi?" Waqas smirked.
"Not yet. To be." Shehry smiled shyly. I laughed at his shyness.
"Yaar, you're going to have to wait a bit longer. Waqas first." I winked. Waqas groaned.
"I don't know what to do man! Dad keeps telling me and Mom keeps showing me pictures." He frowned. Shehry patted his back.
"Don't worry beta. We'll find a Katrina for you." Shehry smirked, making Waqas smile. I chuckled and searched for Ayesha Abbas. However, I couldn't find any user called Ayesha Abbas.
"Shehry, there's no one called Ayesha Abbas." I called.
"Are you sure?" Shehry asked. I nodded. Shehry jumped down from the bed and looked at the screen from behind me. He started to search up some other stuff. I shoved him slightly.
"Shehry, move. Do that later. I have stuff to do." I frowned.
"Wait, I need to do something." Shehry said, clicking on something. I shoved him, but a bit too hard, as he stumbled back, nearly hitting his head on the wooden bunk bed.
"Hussain!" Shehry yelled angrily and pushed me back. Waqas quickly jumped down and pushed Shehry back gently.
"You two calm down! Breathe." Waqas said, more to Shehry, who was breathing heavily. I had never seen him so angry. I didn't say anything, feeling a little guilty. Why did I get so aggressive? Shehry left the room. A few seconds later, we heard the bathroom door slam.
"Dude, what's wrong with you?" Waqas said to me.
"I was doing something." I said. It sounded more like a whine.
"So? You need to calm your temper." Waqas scolded.
"You're taking his side?!" I said angrily.
"Shehry has the right to get angry. You always get angry easily and Shehry has to let you do what you want." Waqas said. I looked down. He was right.
"Chal, don't worry about it too much. Come on, let's watch TV." Waqas smiled. I smiled back and followed him to the living room. This is what I liked about Waqas. Even if he was angry at us, he'd still forgive and forget. He was one of my best older brothers. Mama and Maha weren't in the living room. They must have gone out. We watched TV for a while until Baba came home from work.
"Kaise ho Waqas?" Baba smiled.
"Theek hoon Uncle." Waqas smiled back. Baba walked inside. Waqas stood up suddenly.
"Sain, I gotta go. Tell Shehry I said bye." Waqas said, getting his phone. I nodded, opening the door.
"Bye." I said as he walked out.
"Bye." Waqas called. I closed the door and sat down. Baba came in with his newspaper and sat down as well. I watched TV for another hour to fix my mood. However, it wasn't working.
"Hussain beta, is Shehry okay? He's been in bed since I came home." Mama came in and sat down.
"He said he was feeling sick." I lied.
"Oho, bechara. I'll go give him some mustard oil later." Mama said worriedly.
"Mama, is it okay if I go over to Fida's house tomorrow for an assignment?" I asked. I didn't even feel like going now.
"Of course." Mama smiled. I merely nodded.