Chapter Seven

A month has passed since the nightmare and Tyler. Xavier and I are still strong, and I am thankful for that every day. I hear an announcement about the Rave'n happening in two weeks. I look over at Xavier and he winks at me. I feel butterflies in my stomach as I turn back to look at the teacher. I try to pay attention, but I can't all I can think about is this dance. The bell rings and I sigh, relieved. I walk to the back of the classroom to Enid, and she looks terrified.

"The Rave'n, in two weeks? What am I going to wear?" she says as I walk up to her. I smirk.

"Something hideously colorful yet gorgeous on you." I say and she smiles.

"You have gotten better at this friend thing." She says with an even more happy smile.  I feel someone grab my waist hugging me from behind.

"So this... thing... happening in two weeks. Maybe you would want to go with me?" he says. I smile.

"Oh, I think I might." I say, he smiles and squeezes me a little more, and kissing me on the cheek before walking off. I sigh.

"You and Xavier are too cute." Enid says. I look at him as he walks away and smile.

🎻🎻🎻

The week flew past, and me and Enid prepared ourselves for a trip to get dresses for the Rave'n. I of course was planning on something black. But Enid was convinced that she was getting me in a colorful dress.

"A little color never hurt." She says.

"Remember what I said, color makes me break out in hives." I say. She laughs.

"I think you'll be okay. Come on." She grabs my hand and we walk inside. She starts freaking out about a dress on the first rack as I walk through the shop. In the back of the small room I see a black ball gown with detailing on the chest.

 In the back of the small room I see a black ball gown with detailing on the chest

"How much for that dress?" I ask the clerk. She smiles.

"You must be Wednesday." She says with a smile. "I have heard you don't wear color. By what you are wearing. I can see that is correct. But to the point, this dress is on sale. It is only $ 178." The woman says to me I smirk.

"I'll take it." l say. I walk to the counter and see Enid gawking over a short silver long sleeve dress. She looks at me and I nod. She pulls it off the rack and walks to the counter with a smile plastered on her face. After paying for the dresses me and Enid walk out of the shop and swiftly to the bus stop. We ride in silence back to the school, until we reached our dorm.

"I want to see it on you!" Enid shrieks. I snicker.

"Okay. Give me a second to change." I say setting my jacket on my bed. I walk to the small closet and start to change into the ball gown. I walked back out into the room and I hear her gasp. I look at my self in the mirror to my right before turning to look at her.

"You look stunning. Xavier is one lucky guy." She says.

"I think I am the lucky one." I say to myself but she heard me.

"Wednesday. You are much nicer then you seem."

"Don't tell anyone that. Ever." I say but the blush on my checks was not helping me. We both turn, looking at the door as someone knocks on it. I sneak behind the wall hoping Xavier was not on the other side. Only due to the fact I want this to be a surprise. The door opens and I hear Ajax's voice. I sigh and walk back out into the open room. "I think it needs gloves." I say and Enid turns and looks at me in shock. I look up and see Xavier behind Ajax. "Shoot." I say and Ajax and Xavier laugh. Xavier walks around Enid and grabs both my hands as he intertwines our fingers. "You look so beautiful." He laughs then lifts me off the ground with a spin. I actually laugh. I could tell the shock that was plastered on Enid's face as he sets me down.

"I love you Xavier Thorpe." I say the smile unwavering.

"I love you even more, Wednesday Addams."

Time skip

Suddenly it was Saturday, the night of the Rave'n. I change back into the dress and sheer gloves. I add my platform docs and wait patiently for my date to arrive. The knock on the door almost shook me to my core.

It's a shorter chapter but I love it more coming soon!