My Story

Light drug use

Hawks POV

I haven't thought about my childhood in a long time. It all starts coming back to me.

"Hawks?" Dabi speaks which snaps me out of my trance.

"You okay?" He asks.

"Yeah! Sorry, I must have spaced out there." I laugh.

I take a deep breath.

"My father wasn't a good person, he drank too much, he had a gambling problem. I always thought it was how he coped with my mother being sick.... But after my mother died he wanted nothing to do with me, so he sold me off to the hero commission." I start thinking back to that day....

~~~~~
I was playing outside with my Endeavour plushie when these two men showed up, one of them grabbed me and I started screaming.

"Dad!! Help me!" I screamed.

He just stood there, watching as I was pulled towards the car. I struggled and tried to get away. The man pulled me back and I dropped my plush into a puddle, I started screaming more. I was shoved into the car, banging on the window I tried to escape, but I couldn't. I watched as my dad and my home slowly went out of view.
~~~~~~

"The hero commission was horrible.... Their goal was to break and rebuild you, break you down and make you stronger. They were tough, we wouldn't eat for days we would train and train until we could pass all of our tests... Only a few made it out alive.... My best friend died in that stupid place..."

~~~~~~
It was dark, I had a black cloth over my eyes, I didn't know where I was or who I was with. I was shoved into a room and I face planted onto the floor. I heard footsteps, I got scared and tried to get up.

"Hey.. calm down. You're okay." A voice said.

"Where am I?" I ask.

"This is where you'll be trained to be a strong hero." The voice says.

"I don't want to be a hero.... I want to go home..."

I feel arms slowly wrap around me.

"I'm sorry... They won't let us leave.... This is your home now..."

I feel my blindfold sliding off my face. Bright lights make it hard to see, but in the light I see a boy with crimson hair and the bluest eyes I've ever seen.
~~~~~~

"I hate the heroes for what they did to me, what they did to him...." I look down, I can feel the tears welling up.

"When I turned 18 I finally got to leave that forsaken place.... But what I found outside those walls was worse than what I imagined. All heroes are selfish and rude, all they care about is their own fame.... And being so young and being a new hero is not easy... I was hated on for being new and inexperienced. Lots of older heroes would hit on me and abuse me...."

I feel a hand on my back, I look up and Dabi is looking at me softly. Those blue eyes....

"I'm sorry you had to go through that..." He says.

"Thanks..." I say.

"Well, that's good enough reason for me." Shigaraki says as he stands.

"Everyone in the league has a good reason for hating the heroes, and yours is as good as it gets, welcome to the league." He says.

"Thanks...." I say.

"Dabi, show Hawks to his room." The purple smokey guy says.

"Can he stay with me?" Dabi begs like a teenager wanting 5 more minutes on his game.

"No." He says blankly.

"Pleaaaseeee!~" Dabi begs again.

The purple guy sighs.

"Fine, but you better be quiet, we have children who live here." He says.

"We have a psycho teenager."

"Whatever, just go."

Dabi grabs my hand and runs off to his bedroom. I laugh at his immaturity. He goes into his room and flops onto his bed. I follow and flop down ontop of him. He grunts as I land on his chest. He runs his hand through my hair.

"You okay?" He asks.

"Yeah? Why?"

"Well....that story was sad, I thought maybe thinking about that would be hard for you." He says.

"Yeah....I haven't told anybody that.... But I kinda had to I guess..."

"Yeah, Shigi is very nosey."

"Mhm...." I start thinking of it again, my mood dropping.

"Wanna wash away the pain?" Dabi asks.

"What?"

Dabi moves me aside and pulls out a bag from under his bed. I give him a confused look.

"It's weed." He says.

"What?"

"C'mon, it's not bad, this is like your initiation! Let's get high and go steal you a new fit!" He says, laughing.

He seems off. He starts smoking some, filling the room with smoke. He gives me some, I have a coughing fit. How do people enjoy this?? Eventually I start feeling it. The light headedness, a smile creeping up on my face.

"Better?" He asks.

"Yeah." I say.

"Wanna go steal some shit?"

I nod, standing up, nearly losing my balance. He holds me up laughing at me.

"Shut up!~" I push him away playfully.

We sneak out of the league, trying not to giggle. We get outside and start walking.

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"Mmmm we should go trash the mall."

"Okay! We should fly, it's faster." I say, picking him up.

"What??"

"It's fine! Just hold on." I say flying up into the sky.

"What the fuck!" Dabi yells, holding on tight.

I laugh, as we sore through the air. I don't know what it was but I felt more alive than I have in a long time.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆
Hey, I hope you enjoyed this little back story stuff.
I will continue the mall stuff in the next chapter