12: Stained.

— In Sangyeon's Perspective

I could feel my disappointment pulling me into a deep, dark abyss once again.

After calling out one of the managers at the hotel for slacking off, it seemed that the ratings downgraded. — Well, should I really be disappointed? That was meant to happen. What can I do for my company when my life is slowly falling apart? I needed to take a moment of silence for once and maybe I could focus on working with the police.

It's been two days since Juyeon's funeral and the interrogations still weren't done. I don't think that it's making any progress, considering that Jacob apparently left the session after fifteen minutes.

I just know that I need to have a talk with Changmin and Sunwoo about it. Juyeon has done so many things for me and it feels like I've done nothing for him in return.

I should've been a better friend.
I should've been a better brother.

Then, there were knocks on the door, causing me to close the tab of the hotel's underwhelming stats. "Come in.", I stated, turning off the laptop before pushing the screen down until it was fully closed.

There, I watched Sunwoo enter my bedroom once again. — His posture was hunched, two buttons from his shirt is unbuttoned, and his hair was tousled in a way that he seemed like he didn't get enough rest.

It must've been a long workday for him, huh?

"Sangyeon.", he called my name as I rested my back against the cushion of my chair. "It's nine o'clock.", he added, crossing his arms at me. What the hell is the matter with being nine o'clock at night?

I raised both of my eyebrows at him, still confused as to why he was being inside my room all of a sudden. Actually, he's just probably a few centimeters inside my room. I could tell that he was still adjusting to this so-called "peace" between us but it was better than fighting each other every single day.

"... And?", I spoke out with an unsure tone. "Are you not going to eat dinner yet?", Sunwoo asked, cocking his head slightly to his right.

I let out a sigh, seeing the stack of used paper cups near my desk. I haven't been eating that much whenever I get home. Was I really drowning myself with work? That's not good, though, I find it surprising that Sunwoo appeared in front of my door to ask me that. Maybe he noticed how I wasn't coming out of my bedroom.

I took a break for a reason, right? God, I have to stop myself from checking everyone's paperwork during my week-long break.

"I kinda saw how you'd go straight here instead of... talking to us, you know?", Sunwoo seemed hesitant to tell me what he had noticed as his hands were shoved into both of his pockets, his eyes panning away from mine. I didn't know if I should feel bad about myself or if I should appreciate how he approached me for the first time without having to be a pain in the ass. Who knew that the dashing, brutal runaway kid could be so thoughtful?

I got up from my seat, tilting my head from left to right as I heard how the joints around my neck had cracked. — I really should start moving around the house. I mean, it's not just me who's burned out because of the situation. Every single one of us is suffering in different ways, too.

"Also, you should probably take a break from work, too.", he suggested as I felt my lips curl slightly, feeling relieved that the feud we had before was now just a part of the past.

"I actually did tell them that I'm taking a week-long break.", I told him as Sunwoo nodded in response, later stepping out of the room. I didn't know if this was the right time to tell him that his approaching me was something that caused me to feel at ease even for just a bit.