25: Unveil.

— In Changmin's Perspective

"Fortunately, Sunwoo is in a much better condition now. When you first brought him here, the results of the assault was very catastrophic but at least our team had done a great job with the procedures.", the doctor told me as I nodded, rubbing my arms with both of my palms as I shivered in the coldness of the hospital. The doctor soon walked away, leaving me alone in front of Sunwoo's door as I thought to myself if I should even go there.

I know he isn't going to wake up yet but seeing his face may at least bring some comfort to me.

I turned to face Sunwoo's door, breathing deeply before entering his room. There, I saw him laying down on his bed, unconscious as the monitor next to him showed me every beat his heart made. I felt relieved to see him still breathing even after what happened.

I can never forgive Younghoon for doing this to him.
I will never forgive him... ever.

I sat on the chair next to the monitor, watching my good friend sleep in peace.

Well, nothing peaceful happened earlier. If I could remember it all well, every single person inside the house was screaming, terrified, and angered while all that Younghoon did was stand still, keeping quiet. — Did he really have to play like the victim in front of Sunwoo's dying body? He never changed. He kept on using his poor little boy image to trick us into trusting him again and he did that over and over just to get what he wanted.

Well, now, it's not happening anymore. That fucker's already in prison for what he did.

"If you can hear me in your sleep, listen to me, okay?", I said, keeping my head down as I found myself in the shoes of my parents when I was the one who stayed asleep despite the tragedy that happened hours before.

Sunwoo reminded me of what I used to be but I know he's stronger. "I'm sorry... I let you get hurt.", I mumbled, still keeping my head down as my sight turned blurry. My face felt puffy due to tears nearly falling down. "It was my fault why he did it, Sunwoo. I could've stopped him... Well... could've."

I couldn't understand why I let myself get trapped in Younghoon's hands. He used me and abused me even if he didn't "hurt" me. Sure, he comforted me when I broke down but he kept crossing the line. The thin line between me being comfortable around him and him being comfortable around me.

"You're like this because of me... I'm so sorry...", I lifted my head up, holding his cold palms in mine as the regret was there once again. "I promise you that we will have a better life after this, okay? We will be better after this... Just please, wait for a bit.", I begged as if he could listen to everything I was telling him, the memories of my parents promising me that everything will be fine after what happened to my brother came back like a reminder for me to keep on enduring everything. But the thing is that Sunwoo endured everything that Younghoon did behind our backs – even behind mine.

And he didn't deserve any of it. He deserved none.

Then, the door creaked open as I turned around to see who the visitors were. There, I saw the doctor, a man in a black suit, and a woman who seemed to be worried about Sunwoo's condition. "These are Mr. and Mrs. Kim, they're Sunwoo's parents.", the doctor introduced them to me before leaving the room.

I felt my whole face tense, knowing that the man beside my friend's mother was the reason why he even signed up for the house in the first place. That man... That man took Sunwoo's life and he's coming to see him? As if he wouldn't do the same thing Younghoon did?

"What are you doing here?", I asked, getting up from the seat as I walked towards Mr. Kim himself. The man didn't know anything about me but I knew him through Sunwoo's words and actions. "Who are you? Are you one of my son's friends?", he asked through gritted teeth, later taking a peak at his unconscious son as I clicked my tongue in flaming anger.