Drama

I once held his hand
As if I became the main character of the whole world
Every petal of a flower blossom
All bloomed for me

If the opportunity comes for just one day
I will shine with all my might

- Drama, Pieces (EP) by IU -

It would probably take Detective Kwon at least thirty minutes to check what is wrong with his car and fix it. So in the meantime Hwal held Sang-un's hand and pulled her back into his bedroom.

"We've got time," he whispered, wanting to spend more time with her before they would have to head out to the well in the mountain.

Without wasting any more time, he kissed her as soon as the door closed shut behind them. No more hesitations. He had already crossed the line and for him, there was no turning back. His lips devoured hers with all the pent up emotions he had bottled up until now. But when he noticed that she wasn't as in it as she was before, he pulled himself back, to see what was making her uncomfortable.

There was hunger in her eyes, mirroring the hunger in his, that much was true. But it wasn't just hunger that was there. He saw traces of guilt and confusion too. So he forced himself to release her, took a step back to give her space to sort out her own feelings.

How did he recognize those emotions? Because he went through the exact same thing himself.

It wasn't that long ago when he himself was fighting with all his might to crush his growing feelings. He recalled how he was intent on being mean to her, insulting her every time he had the chance, if only to prove to himself that hate was the only thing that he should feel for her, not attraction and most certainly not love.

He remembered how confused he was with himself whenever his subconscious betrays him by turning his nightmares about her into something erotic. He struggled with the guilt up until he learned the truth, that she was not the enemy he thought she was after all.

"We shouldn't be doing this..." she finally broke the silence, looked away to avoid his eyes, feeling embarrassed under his steady gaze.

"Your family is right outside this door... you should be with them." She stuttered out, trying her best to mask the pain in her voice.

His heart sank upon the realization that although he had already confessed to her this morning, about how his life was all about finding her and that he would feel lost without her, he never really made it clear where she would fit in now in his life moving forward. In fact, yesterday he was still all about his family this, his family that. So he kind of understood why she would have doubts about whether what it is that's going on between them is even real.

Now, it should be up to him to make things clear. Because apparently it still wasn't that obvious to her even after all the intimate acts they've shared together against the bedroom door.

"What do I do? I want to be with you," he exclaimed, almost choking on his own words, overwhelmed by his own feelings.

Hwal was never the type to explain himself. He never bothered correcting people's assumptions about him. But with Sang-un, he was completely different. He doesn't want to leave her hanging. He doesn't want to keep her guessing. Most importantly, he doesn't want her to feel like she doesn't have a place in his life.

So he reached out for her hands, squeezed them tight and pulled her away from the door. He sat her down on the foot of his bed as he got down on one knee in front of her. He waited until her eyes eventually turned up to him.