chapter vii; the storm queen (by queen baela's own words)

Before I must tell you about my father's sixth and last wife and her tragedies, first I must tell you how and why she was chosen as the queen amongst all the noble ladies

In the year 116, shortly after the execution of Princess Aliandra, the tension was high. Aunt Larra tried her best to prevent this but the princess was adamant on her end and some say, even now, that she did it all deliberately. I have no choice but agree on this since I don't remember her well but her love for Drazenko is well known still.

Now Coryanne Martell was the New Ruling Princess of Dorne, with Qyle Martell taking over the Dornish armies. Aunt Larra had managed to stabilize the Lys and now became the First Magister of Lys and she was the first woman to hold that title, ever. All Essos were against her, weirdly enough, not because she was a woman but because she was a Rogare. But still, she kept going on. She did something with the Rogare name again, something her eldest brother Lysaro couldn't. She rebuilt the bank and with time, the other leaders in Essos who wanted to kill her started to get indigent and needed her funds and help. Two powerful women, one in Dorne and one in Essos, managed to stabilize their realms and were ready to go against my father.

And in Westeros, there was only one man who was still stupid enough to support my father; Lyonel Strong.

After Princess Aliandra's execution, my father decided that he should not stay in the capital for safety issues and started to 'visit' his children, starting with me. Now, both my half-uncles are dead, my custody was in question. I was still staying in Driftmark, a distant Velaryon cousin, Aethan, took over the castle now, but he was a boy of eight and ten. He had no wife nor children, no close female relative to look after me and he most definitely was not suitable for the position. My father thought, no one in the realm had that high rank to take care of me, so he took me with him. For a while, he intended, so that he could come up with an idea and I could see my siblings.

The next stop was Harrenhal. Where the great tragedy happened, but, well, all of the great tragedies always happen in Harrenhal. When we go there, Lord Lyonel with us now, his eldest son and heir Ser Harwin Breakbones welcomed us as its castellan, and my sister right beside him.

Now, I know there are lots of talks about Rhaenyra, her character, and her ...actions. I personally do not like her but because of the things, she did to me because of her paranoia, madness and ever-growing jealousy. Her sins in her early life are none of my business, so I'll comment nothing but that; repeating the same mistake for the fourth time is the epitome of stupidity.

Turns out my sister, nine and ten had 'fallen in love' with her castellan, Ser Harwin. I was four, I do not remember enough but as people said, they were too close actually. Even an idiot would notice it, people said, and that must be how even my father noticed it too. Dances and flirtatious movements. It is clear that her maidenhead was taken by her if Daemon didn't do it already, and to be honest I'd prefer Harwin over Daemon all the time. I remember he was nice and good, and fun, and looked at my sister as if she was the moon. Sadly, he never realized she was only using him. Because she was old now and still was not in the line of succession but neither Aegon nor me. She thought if she act quickly, got married and had a son, father would name her as his heir and Aegon would stay as a bastard. Harwin was the only man that had the right nobility title and was the easiest one that she could access.