the ending

Maester Harquin, who found the old memoirs of the last three Targaryen rulers and combined them in this book, aims to tell the stories of six women who had to endure tragic lives and deaths because of one man's will. These women had been treated as if they were only broodmares for centuries, and their stories were told without any characterization or voice of their own all six were very influential women and they're being married to King Viserys I was the least exciting thing about them.

Queen Aemma Arryn was a born Targaryen. She never used the title 'Princess' because she descended from King Jaehaerys I's female line but still, she was a princess, a dragon who had the right to claim her own. The mobbing she had to endure at the hands of Good Queen Alysanne and the pressure of having an heir from the Old King Jaehaerys had made her life pitiful and this affected her story greatly because of the young age she got married but in the end at the day, she was a princess who had higher education more than half of the kingdom. She was well educated and well behaved and her legacy was the first female monarch of the realm, Queen Rhaenyra I.

Queen Alicent Hightower is by far the most controversial Queen Consort of all time. Even now people tell her story and they tell it wrong. No matter which aspect you chose to look from, whether she was a deliberate seductress who bewitched the king, or she was just a child who had been chosen by a pervert against her wish, the charges of adultery against her had been proved false time and time again and the execution of her was the greatest crime King Viserys I ever committed. She did her best out of what was given to her. She managed to allocate the Faith and the Crown from each other and support each through her life. She brought foreign scholars to Westeros and opened schools for the smallfolk, if education in Westeros is this important now, it is because of Queen Alicent's tries. She had given her life to make life easier for smallfolk. And her legacy was the improved Westeros and the great rights of the Queen Consorts after her. She paved the way for many young women and was the mastermind behind the idea of bringing Dorne to the fold. Amongst her many legacies, King Aegon II was one of the greatest ones of them for he did everything his mother couldn't.

Queen Laena Velaryon symbolised Old Valyria in ways that no other descendant couldn't. She had a voice and was not just a meek character but an effective player. She had claimed Vhagar, the Queen of the Dragons when she was all but a child. She was fierce and fearless, she had ambitions and did not feel ashamed to show them. She wanted the crown and she planned her way there, she achieved everything she wanted and defeated her enemies. Her daughter and the greatest legacy, Queen Baela I, was the greatest monarch Westeros had ever seen.

Queen Larra Rogare was the most important political figure in the second century. Her marriage with King Viserys I, sometimes even goes unnoticed for it did only a little contribution to her life and achievements. The Lysene Spring was thought of as the end of the Rogare family and everything they stood for but she, a woman, barely adult, fixed the mistakes her family did and ended the corruption within the Essos. Even the other First Magisters and Merchant Princes bowed to her and recognized her as the Great Lady of Lys. Her influence over Dorne and Westeros went on for years and years and she was the reason for the centuries-long peace between these three kingdoms. Her legacy was the political stability in the Platenos and the Renaissance movement she started in Lys.

Queen Aliandra Martell and her love are still a subject of the songs. She was a martyr for sure, and to her own people, truly the Nymeria re-born. She symbolized the strong woman monarch in more ways than one. She had managed to control the Stepstones, something neither high-ranking Triarchy commanders or Lysaro the Magnificent or the Sea Snake and the Rogue Prince and most definitely not the King Viserys I himself managed to do. She was in charge of her marriage and in her rule. Even the most blood-thirsty Dornish noble was glad to serve her. She was a warrior queen and her legacy of the united Dorne still goes on to this day.

Queen Cassandra Baratheon was a true queen in many people's eyes for she truly ruled the realm without her husband. Her influence wasn't just inside of the court and her political achievements are what had kept the realm united through King Viserys I's turbulent last years of reign. She had groomed King Aegon II into a great king and never made him forget his mother's aims. She had groomed the greatest monarch Westeros had ever seen, Queen Baela I called her 'mother' and always mentioned her as the person who made a queen out of herself. She had united the realm with simple moves and reigned and was known as the Storm Queen for she managed to bring even the most prideful lords to their knees. And her influence went on even after King Viserys I's death. Her legacy is Westeros.

These women should not be known because they were King Viserys I's consort at some point in their lives but the King Viserys I must be known through them because her wives were all that made something out of him. And they did all these thanks to them, not thanks to him or any men in the court.

And now two centuries later, it is their legacy that lives on while rest of the names are forgotten and burried in the past.