Hues of You | Scaramouche/Wanderer

Youtube Playlist by Yaeuwb (T.W Death, blood, dark in general)

Scaramouche's gloved fingers trace the intricate golden embellishments of the hilt of the Musou no Hitotachi, his eyes brimming with the aquamarine hue of precious diamonds gleaming in some of Liyue most finest jewellers. There is a stoney sense of accomplishment that contorts his angelic visage into a pernicious expression with spiteful undertones. Only when your gaze stops gliding across the purple and green-blue smoke of the grand Tenshukaku hall obscured in darkness, do you find the body of Ei, illuminated by a gentle farewell kiss of the moonlight. Sakura petals blow in from the bars of the windows and caress her dead body, some dissolve into the pool of blood by her body.

"Wh-what did you do? I thought this was a new start. Away from the gnosis! Scaramouche!" You growl and shake his shoulders thoroughly, but the passive and empty look that usually occupies his violet eyes crackles with electricity. Turquoise and violet mix like flowers running down a river, storybook blue from the embrace of the sun.

"It is a new start. A new Inazuma. No more eternity, no more control, no more pain." He throws you against the wall, his gaze fierce and brimming with unshed tears, "This is supposed to be overwhelming, yet it's not doing anything!" He tries to stomp on the purple gnosis on the floor, but it zaps him in defiance. "I no longer want to be a god, but I want to get rid of them. All of them." His voice is lowered an octave, a callous icy rage so powerful that it could freeze over even the blazing hot Dainichi Mikoshi of Enkanomiya.

"You're not getting to them without getting through me, Scaramouche." You heave as you try not to set your sights on Ei's corpse once more, but a magnetic force compels you to perceive the powerful slash that pierces her heart. The rustle of clothes and the clack of shoes permeate across the empty room, the now stronger a rumbling accompaniment in the sonata of glum silence. Scaramouche takes your moment of hesitation to pin you against the hard, cold, walls of the once grandiose hall, now trashed and in desolate ruin.

"You're right. Which is why I'm keeping you with me. You're not going anywhere until I have conquered all of the gods and abolished all of the thrones up in Celestia. You'll watch all of it with me, in horror." He uses a force of anemo to bind your wrists to the wall, a pressurising force not allowing you to move an inch unless the unrelenting wind gives permission. A hand grabs your chin, forcing you to look up at him as he floats up, the circular halo of cyan that frames his figure, makes your chest pang at how closely it resembles Ei's own powers. He feels your chin quiver in his grip and squishes your cheeks to make you look at him. "Stop looking at her. She's nothing now. She's going to rot into the floorboards soon enough, never to be seen again. Not even by Guuji Yae, who is definitely not in the condition to move."

"No..." You sob, the ambition of the once vivacious god strikes you and makes your body jolt from empathy. How she loved Inazuma, how she yearned to protect her people and oh, how much she yearned to go on a walk to see the new Inazuma. Heartbreakingly enough, her biggest wish was to see her son once more, in a better place. She had told you this, after meeting Makoto, and she set underneath the Sacred Sakura Tree with a sense of melancholy so strong it jaded the strong violet hues of her eyes.

"Yes. Yes..." He cooes at you, as you sob gently, wiping your tears with the new sleeve of his new clothes. "I would apologise, but I cannot help my ambition. She was just in my way. She never loved me, so I can barely feel a thing." Although his touch is as cold as Dragonspine's harsh storms, you feel a tremble so light in the hand grabbing your face, it is as gentle as falling snow.

"No, she loved you. She loved you so dearly, she set you free." You protest, now yelling in hysterics. "You killed her! She loved you and you killed her!"

"SILENCE!" His authoritative voice slams down onto your ears like a hard strike to your stomach. It leaves your head pulsating with such thunderous agressession, it is as if another heartbeat has begun to pump within your skull. "You will obey my orders, bow at my feet. You're nothing but a puppet, and I expect you to conduct yourself that way." He hisses at you, nails now leaving crescent shaped marks in your cheeks.

"I may not be able to destroy the Gnosis, but I may have other uses for it." He wanders off to search for the discarded trinket on the floor, trying to identify its purple glow muted by the predominantly aquamarine fog. He returns to you with the Musou no Hitotachi in his hand and the Gnosis in the other. The smell of blood sends your body into overdrive and you can barely keep yourself awake when his voice, significantly lighter and sweeter, barely pricks your ears:

"Say, you're from another world, right? Let's conduct a little experiment. The aim? Trying to see if your body can handle the power of the Goddess of Eternity..."