Six.

The familiar heaviness in his eyelids welcomed Damien as he woke up the next day with a deep sigh. He could smell the food his mother was cooking as the aroma wafted from downstairs, and for once, he could feel his stomach slightly growling from it.

Rubbing at his eyes, Damien sat up on his bed and swung his legs over the edge to get up, and like an automatic reaction, he looked over to the bathroom door before his throat dried as he knew what he expected to come would never happen again.

"Good Morning, Damie Bear!!" a 17-year-old Denise exclaimed as she burst into the room from the twins' shared bathroom door.

Damien groaned as he suddenly felt the weight of his sister on top of his body as she hopped onto his bed.

"Wake up, Doofus!! It's our last first day of school!!" Denise then exclaimed as she playfully hit her brother on the chest.

Damien groaned again as he pushed his sister off of him, who laughed at the action as she fell to his side. "I would if I didn't have your fatass on me," he grumbled.

Denise scoffed as she lay beside her brother, who huffed as he pulled the covers from over his head to glare at her.

The girl then turned her head to her brother with a playful glint in her eyes as she said, "What's with the pouty face, big bro?"

"You annoying," Damien deadpanned before throwing the covers back over his face. "Now get out of my room."

His voice was muffled, which only caused the playfulness in Denise's eyes to grow as she let out a light huff and sat up on the bed.

"Okay," she said with a shrug as a smirk sat on her features. "But don't be mad at me when all the pancakes are gone because your slowass didn't get up on time."

Damien rolled his eyes as he felt his sister jump off of his bed with a giggle. "You play too much," he said, not at all believing her previous words.

The girl loved to eat, that was a known fact, but she had never been known not to leave something for her brother as they both shared the same trait.

A small frown formed on Damien's lips as his eyebrows furrowed at the sudden silence in the room.

"Nise?" he called out, only to be met with more silence. "Man, Denise, I know you ain't se-"

His words were cut off by furrowed brows as he sat up on his bed to be met with an empty room.

He clicked his tongue as he got up from the bed while yelling, "Man you play too much!! I'm coming!!" before he quickly left the room.

Damien blinked as he was brought out of his trance and sucked in a breath as he blinked again to rid himself of the unwanted tears that had formed in his eyes.

With a sigh, Damien slowly got up from his bed and walked over to the bathroom door. He hesitated as his hand touched the knob before he clenched his jaw and opened the door. The cold feeling of the tile floor welcomed his feet and caused him to hiss as he walked over to the sink, and he frowned again as he examined his exhausted features in the mirror. Shaking his head, he looked down to turn on the faucet while absentmindedly rubbing his tongue against the back of his throat as he grabbed his toothbrush.

"Ew. You know I always hated when you did that."

Damien's body immediately tensed up as he froze at what he thought he had heard from behind him.

"I don't even see how you're able to do that. Just the thought of it always made my skin crawl."

The sound of the voice again caused Damien's body to tense back up as he swallowed harshly.