[Part 3] Lies

"Yeah of course. What do you want to talk about?" you said confused. "Can we go somewhere more private first? I want to talk to you alone," he says a slightly nervous look on his face. "Yeah, sure," you said confused and worried.

What did he want to talk to you about? Did he miss you as much as you had missed him? No, he doesn't even like you, so why would he miss you? You were feeling stupid for thinking that, but you had missed him.

He led you behind some rocks that were on the beach. It was starting to get a little dark and chilly. Also Ari acting so weird didn't help at all to relax. He suddenly stopped and turned to you.

"I.. um i know we got a little out of touch a couple of years ago, and i don't even know why," he started. "We were friends and surfing with you was fun. What happened?" 

There. The word you did not want to hear. Friend. That was all you were to him, nothing more and now you were even less. You were holding back tears that were slowly forming in your eyes. But he had missed you? He wanted to be your friend and his tone sounded guilty. Did he think he had done something wrong?

"I-i don't know... like we were both busy all the time. And then when i was going to contact you, you had that accident," you stuttered out trying to get the tears out of your eyes. "And how did that stop you from contacting me? You could've visited!" he yelled, but it didn't sound angry, it sounded more... hurt?

"I would've but Poppy told me you didn't want to see or talk to anyone! And we hadn't even talked for almost a year! They wouldn't probably even let me in the hospital since we weren't that close anymore," you yelled because you were mad at him for not wanting guests and not talking to you for a year and then being angry that you didn't visit him.

"Poppy told you that? Why?" he said ignoring the rest of what you said. "I don't know, maybe cause you said so?!" you exclaimed. "No i did not! I told Marlon i wanted guests! Why would they say that?!" he was mad and sad now. 

He had thought his friends had abandoned him for months, leaving him laying in the hospital bed. He had thought they only cared for his surfing, not him. And now he finds out, two of the people he thought were his bestfriends, had told everyone he didn't want to see them. How could they do that. He needed to talk to Poppy and Marlon right now. 

"I gotta go. I need to talk to Poppy," Ari said rushing to pick up his stuff and leave. "Okay?" you said feeling bad that you hadn't gone see him. Though you were told he did not want to see you, or anyone else. Why would they do that?

A/N: Sorry if this part is cringe and angsty. I couldn't come up with a better way to get this story to go where i want it to go.