Chapter 10

"We should bring an obscurer or two, just in case," Biana told her friends. They were having a lunch break and Sophie had just told her friends about Tiergan's approval. "Wait..........YOU'RE NOT GOING WITHOUT ME", Sandor told them, crunching his gigantic hands.

Sophie nodded. "Woah, calm down Gigantor...Of course, feel free to bring Griezel and have a smooch fest along the way", Keefe told him, winking one of his ice-blue eyes. Sandor glowed bright red but didn't say anything else.

"Yes! I would love to see that finally happening! Feel free to invite me to your wedding!" Ro squealed.

"I'm hating this ogre even more today", Grizel muttered, blushing dark pink.

Sophie was too busy imagining the Neverseen's Project Moonlark to notice what her friends were saying. "Sophie?" Fitz's crisp voice filled her mind. She jumped, and looked around. "Yes?"

"Did you even hear me?" Keefe asked, annoyed.

"Sorry," Sophie apologised. "We all know you're too into tonight's plan but you have to listen to us,"Keefe said, nodding his head to the rest of the group.

"Well, what I was going to tell you guys something...", Keefe said, his voice low. Sophie's eyebrows shot up. "What is it?" she asked curiously. "Remember last month, Foster? You found my old imparter," He looked around, making sure no teachers or prodigies were trying to listen to them. "I accidentally spilled blood over it-" Sophie cast a worried glance at him, "-Don't worry Foster, I was opening a jug of slumberry juice and I cut myself. Anyways, my blood smeared all over the imparter and guess what? I heard my mom. We had a small conversation together..-" Keefe shuddered.

"Yeah! And I gave her a piece of my mind", Ro added.

No one said anything so Keefe continued, "She told me that Alvar was right after all, there is a new boss. And that boss is a Vacker, an Ancient Vacker. Well, not that ancient but she said we met him before. She called him Reg." Keefe said quietly, shooting glares at whoever was glancing in their direction.

"Reg," Biana said quietly. "Sounds familiar?''Keefe asked. "Reg... as in Regulus Vacker?" Sophie said, a little too loudly. A few heads turned their way. "Careful, Foster, but you got it!" Keefe whispered, nodding.

"Regulus Vacker," Dex repeated to himself, over and over again. "Any connections?" Sophie asked him.

"I might have seen it in some records, I think it said he was a really talented mesmer," he said quietly. "But, I thought most, if not all, of the Vackers are telepaths?" Fitz asked, his brows knotted together.

"I don't know," Dex admitted. "I can't believe there are two Vackers working with the rebels!" Fitz sighed helplessly.

"Hey, it's not your fault. We don't even know if Lady Gisela is telling the truth!'' Sophie tried to comfort him, twining her fingers with Fitz's. Both Keefe and Dex stared at their hands. Sophie noticed and quickly let go, and placed her hand on Fitz's shoulder instead. Keefe and Dex both shared a look of jealousy.