Chapter 9

Damian (Renegade) pov-

The next morning, I was the first one awake. Normally it was Jason, but excluding him, I was first to wake up.

Ghost, who was laying on my bed with me and not in his dog bed, woke up and glanced at me, his tail wagging against my leg. I smirked. "Want to go outside?" I asked him, and my German Shepherd jumped off the bed and went to my bedroom door, looking excited. 

I smiled and quickly changed into my workout clothes, which was a black sports short sleeve and matching jogger pants, then grabbed Ghost's leash, quickly made my bed military style as always with every bed I slept in, then slipped on my black running shoes, then left with my phone and headphones in hand. 

Alfred had given the boys and I the tour last night, and I had memorized the place quickly, so I knew my way around the huge manor and wouldn't get lost. As I walked past everyone's bedrooms with Ghost at my side, I decided not to wake SoA up. They deserved to sleep in at least a little bit. 

So I just took the fastest way to the backyard, quietly opened the door, and let Ghost out. Ghost immediately was sniffing every inch of the huge yard, and I shook my head fondly while I put my headphones in and looked for my workout playlist. The time on my phone read 3:47am, which meant that I had roughly 2 hours and 30 minutes to get my workout done and train Ghost a bit more before the manor woke up, according to Alfred. 

Perfect.

Watching Ghost in the corner of my brown eyes, I began stretching, then moved on to all of the exercises that I did every morning. However, I would go to the gym in the manor later this afternoon with the boys. We had yet to meet the Wayne family, but the meetings would be later this morning once everyone was up. Alfred had said that Damian has a Great Dane, Titus. Jason said that he was friendly to other animals, but Ghost didn't take lightly to other animals, dogs in particular. I would have to get that handled and out of the way soon, that way I wouldn't have anything to worry about between the two dogs. 

Before long, I saw the sun starting to rise behind the clouds in the sky, the atmosphere becoming lighter, and my phone now read 5:15am. Ghost was nearby chewing on a stick that he found in the yard. I looked at him and whistled, calling him to my side as I started walking back inside the manor, heading for my room again. When I got there, I quickly grabbed dark blue jeans, my combat boots, a white shirt, and my dark green pullover hoodie that had the words 'Soldiers of Anarchy' in black on the back with our logo, a black skull with two sniper rifles behind it as an 'X', in black as well. Jason had our logo as a tattoo on his left bicep, along with all of the tattoos that he and Roy had gotten, and the ones we all got since we've been in the military. Personally, I thought that Haywood's tattoos were the coolest. He even had a few that he let Elijah, Hailey, and Everly pick out for him and told him where they wanted them, and Brooklynn had done the same. I remembered him mentioning that he was going to let Tim and the Wayne kids do it as well, which I thought would be pretty cool.

Anyway, after I got my clothes, I grabbed a 5 minute shower, dried my hair and did my daily morning routine in under 10 minutes, then went back downstairs, this time going to the kitchen, where I filled Ghost's food and water bowls, made myself a cup of coffee, then went to go sit at the kitchen table and started looking through my phone, checking my Instagram, Tik Tok, Facebook, Discord, Snapchat, and other social media accounts, enjoying the silence while it lasted.

Ghost went over to his food bowl and started eating, and I went through all of the photos on my phone, thinking about Jason and his huge King Shepherds that he had befriended in the K9 unit. The older two, Ace and Zayde, were already fully trained, but since their previous handlers had died, they refused to listen to anyone and were the most dangerous dogs on the base. No one was able to handle them, nor get close enough to barely feed and water them, and everyone who tried either got seriously injured or, like in a few cases, killed.