Chapter 1

"Y'all had a good time tonight?" I asked the audience.

They all screamed in response. I laughed at their enthusiasm even though the show was over.

"I just wanna say thank you for coming out to the Hell of a Night Tour. I mean I couldn't ask for better friends. And I know Luke couldn't either. Y'all know where that fucker went?" I said.

I saw one of my closest friends and my damn near permanent touring partner, Luke Combs, come from behind the stage.

"Don't let that motherfucker talk about me like that, y'all!" Luke shouted in the mic.

The crowd went wild when he came on stage. He handed me a Miller Lite. I opened the beer and took a sip of it.

"We really appreciate y'all for showing up. This has been the best tour I've ever been on. Of course, I've only been on two, but you get what I'm tryna say. I love y'all." I said.

"Y'all know I love you, so I don't need to blabber like her." Luke said.

I laughed and pushed him.

"Get home safe, alright? No drinking and driving! I'll see y'all in a few months. Be good!" I said.

Luke and I waved to the audience. The two of us walked off stage to our crew members. Everyone greeted us with smiles and congratulations.

"You gone shower before we go out?" Luke asked me.

"Hell yeah. You got beer all over me! I shoulda killed you on stage." I said.

"Stop being a damn baby. Go wash up." He said.

"Hell, you need a bath with all that sweat you worked up. Nicole not gone want you around her smelling like that." I teased.

"I heard my name!" Luke's wife said as she rounded the corner to greet us.

"There's my girl and my little man." Luke smiled.

He took his son out of her arms and held him.

"Hey, Nicole! I'm gonna go shower, and then I'll be ready to go out." I said.

"Don't be too long!" She said.

"I won't." I said.

I walked over to Luke and his baby.

"Tex, you see your auntie." Luke said to his baby.

"Hey, handsome!" I said to Tex.

I walked off and headed for the tour bus to get my clothes.

As Y/N Shelton, I was held to a higher standard out in public due to my father being none other than Blake Shelton. My mother was a random woman he met while doing noon shows for random festivals and recording demos for other artist. Needless to say, he was not successful at the time I was conceived. 

My parents did not get along during the time my mother was pregnant with me. My mom was constantly asking my dad for money even though he couldn't even take care of himself. She threatened to ruin his career once I was born if he didn't start giving her money. But my dad scraped up enough money by sleeping out of a car and barely even feeding himself just so he could pay my mom a lump sum of money for custody of me. My mother took that money, and when I was born, my father became my only parent.

Until the age of six, I lived in a small apartment with my dad in Nashville. We were inseparable. I followed him to every performance, every studio session, and every other odd job he worked to make ends meet. But 2001 was the year he released his debut song. When the song went number one, we knew things were going to change forever.