Prologue

5 years ago, the black was initiated over Australia.

The continent had fallen. Kaiju were everywhere, and all bases, sites, and city's were evacuated. What couldn't be evacuated, was sabotaged, destroyed, or locked away in the hopes that it could be recovered in the future.

These hopes would not come to fruition.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Auzoldar Plateau Base.

This small base was mainly used for training and maintenance, and could only hold 3 jaegers in a small bay with one large door in the front.

It base wasn't very populated at the time, only containing a majority of training and maintenance staff due to the brand new jaeger that was situated at this base alongside its new cadet pilots.

The Mk.6 jaeger Centaur Phoenix.

[Not mine, I have only edited it]

Yet it was not fully equipped, its hidden chest plasma cannon, that is covered by the panel both its reactor, wasn't installed and neither was a majority of the other weaponry systems as it was sent to this base for its new pilots to begin training, they had finished their basic jaeger training in the training jaeger: Atlas Destroyer and were now ready to begin their complex pilot training after they were one of the few cadets to be chosen to become pilots.

Daniel Howe and Heiden Waltz.

The two had been friends for years at this point, long before they joined the Pilot Program together.

Daniel was Half-Scottish and Half-English and grew up in the Midlands of England, though he visited his family up north quite regularly despite the 8 hour drive. The boy was always excitable and always coming up with weird new ideas. He always looked up to the jaegers and their pilots, wishing to become a pilot one day or at least try, though he knew that this dream would be hard to accomplish due to the fact that the Pan-Pacific-Defence-Corps operates in, get this, the pacific.

Heiden grew up in the Bavarian region of Germany though him and his family moved to the UK when he was 10, and happened to join the same school that Daniel was at. He didn't have much of an opinion on the PPDC and the jaeger program before he moved to the UK but that changed when he met an erratic boy named Daniel who quickly changed his views.

Heiden was much more calm and collected than the easily excitable Daniel, the two bounced off each other extremely well could easily work together on a project and quickly think up some new, interesting idea that probably wouldn't work if someone else were to try and execute.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the time the duo were both 16 they both really wanted to apply to the PPDC as pilots though they didn't have much of a chance of being picked as they weren't from any of the nations that actually operated any jaegers, their hopes weren't high when, to their luck, the PPDC was doing a campaign where small, temporary pilot training facilities and were offering 'trips' to select schools and they had the opportunity to go on one of these trips.