Doubting again

Heeseung's pov:

I'm satisfied with the "makeover". Maybe I've had the same clothes for so long that I lost all sense of style, and wearing trendy pieces is a good change.

But something else is bothering me.

I think my body is trying to tell me something. I don't like when this guy looks at me, it makes me feel awkward and stupid. I can never tell if he is mocking me or giving honest compliments. His gaze makes my palms sweaty. It's kind of scary.

Since he was such a good student, I thought we were on an equal footing. But he is so confident and direct that I can't keep up with him. Like, I try sometimes to make reflexions that would destabilize him, but he never waver.

I'll keep an eye on the signs from now on.

*

Jake's pov:

O~k, I get it now. I get where I'll be helpful to this guy.

Yes, his style was horrendous. But he could have corrected it without my help.

The real problem is his personality.

Monday morning, Heeseung back from our shopping weekend in full glam. Hair on fleek, legs length on display, and clinking jewelry. I'm watching him from afar, watching all the girls double taking him.

I start hearing gossip about his new appearance, good!

But then, lunch time comes, and I be sure to spot where he is. As expected, a group of friends come up to him, the cool kids type. Good for him. I prepare myself to be discharged from my assignment.

But then, he look at them with no emotion, pronounce three words, sigh, and go back to eat while the group keep standing, stunned.

They disperse. So, curious, I hurry to Heeseung's side to ask about what just happened.