𝑭𝑶𝑼𝑹𝑻𝑬𝑬𝑵

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑭𝑶𝑼𝑹𝑻𝑬𝑬𝑵 ߊ 𝑇𝐻𝐸 𝐿𝐼𝐵𝑅𝐴𝑅𝑌

"Then I suppose we'll be wicked together."

➶ ➴↶*ೃ✧˚. ❃ ↷ ˊ-

THE SUN HAD ALWAYS CAPTIVATED HER. As a young girl, she basked in its flares, breathing in its warmth and rays. It made her feel light, protected, safe. No shadow could touch her under its brilliance. And like the sun, she burned brighter than them all.

There had been tales of the young girl across their country, across the cities and the mountains, of a princess whose smile radiated the sun in its stead. 

Her mother had once called her an ember, a flame that continued to burn after an extinguished fire. But light was a fleeting thing and shadows had a habit of devouring her happiness. She imagined sunshine and warmth as she walked amongst the looming shelves of the royal library, sleep far from her mind. It was dark but that hadn't stopped her in her journeys. 

After tossing and turning for what felt like hours, she'd given up any hope of recalling that dreamless sleep Elena had taken from her early that morning and had instead decided to prepare for her lessons with Nehemia. She'd never taught anyone a language before, but she was willing to try, if only for a friend.

Celaena had taken to the studies well, teaching the princess how to read and write. Sometimes she'd start with funny sentences, other times they'd read children's books together. Every lesson, Celaena was strict, quick to correct the words Nehemia had gotten wrong and unrelenting in her teaching. Mia's training had been significantly less intense. She taught Nehemia how to speak while also teaching her small tricks of painting. 

Of course, the princess was far from a professional, but she couldn't help but feel proud with how far the princess had grown.

There was still so much to teach, so much to learn so when she made it to the library, she started grabbing every book she could find on the common language and learning guides. Before she knew it, her arms had been full of books of every kind.

She had planned to study in the small nook of the library where a blanket had already been waiting for her along with other books she had been studying when she felt something grasp her shoulder. Most of the books fell to the floor as she let out a scream before using the one book she had held onto as a weapon against whatever it was that attacked her.