Processing

As the doctors were processing Sophia in she saw a little bit of the hospital. She saw the courtyard and cafeteria. She saw a couple guys and started to get confused. Sophia asked the doctors why the girls and guys were together. She also asked them if it was safe. "Ah yes Sophia we get asked that a lot. We here at Graceful would like to make it as comfortable as needed, this includes keeping guys and girls together so it still has the social feel of the outside world. Is it safe you ask? Of course it is. We have all of our dangerous patience in the closed ward." Sophia felt relieved to know that so she let the doctors continue to process her in. When she was fully admitted into the hospital the doctors showed her to her room. They opened the door and her roommate jumped up to meet her. "Hi! I'm Mia and welcome to graceful!" her roommate exclaimed excited to see a new face. Sophia was hesitant remembering where she was. It all hit Sophia at once, she was in a mental hospital. She started to cry wondering how long she would be here. Mia saw her crying and tried to comfort her, "Oh.. no no don't cry what's wrong?" Mia said. "I...I just.. what's wrong-" Sophia said but before she could finish Mia cut her off. "Shh nothing is wrong with you.. at least I don't think so, why are you here exactly?" Mia said realizing it sounded more rude out loud. Sophia figured if she would be here for a while she might as well try to get help for her problems so she told Mia. "Well.. I hear these voices and whispers and I was taking my exams and this voice kept getting louder and louder telling me to scream.. and that's when I heard this very very loud scream and I blacked out after that." Mia looked at her worried but also happy. Sophia asked Mia if she knew what this meant and Mia just told her she had no idea. "So why are you here?" Sophia asked Mia. Mia got this look in her face of anger and sadness "We don't need to talk about that Sophia." Sophia stopped remembering she never told Mia her name. "How do you know my name..." Sophia said hesitant, "Oh the doctors told me" Mia said cautiously. Sophia figured that story checked out so didn't think about that anymore.

    A loud buzzer sounded and Sophia jumped. Mia explained that this meant they could go out to the courtyard, and Sophia was relived. She had always loved the outdoors and loved fresh air. They stepped outside and it was refreshing, Shopia got fresh air and finally for once felt sane. That is until Mia started acting strange, Mia was looking around as if she heard something. Sophia asked if she was okay and Mia just replied with "yeah.. stay here". Sophia watched as Mia started wandering off into the courtyard and soon disappeared behind the building. Sophia collapses on the ground as she hears the same scream as she did during her exam. Blood coming from her ears, the doctors rush her into the infirmary.