SPECIAL CHAPTER 2: The Green Ranger's Path to Earn Her Stripes

A/N: In this chapter, I'm putting Kanan in with the Jungle Fury Rangers to get her master stripes and RJ would be testing her

Kanan POV

Once I've got to Ocean Bluff, I arrived outside of a local pizza parlor when this guy who was working there flipped the sign where it said 'open' and turned towards the others when I entered the building.

"Ok crew...who's ready for business?" Casey asked when he went up to the others. "Uh...not quite. Casey, Lily, Theo and Kanan...we're going on a little field trip today" RJ said. "Who's Kanan?" Lily asked. "I think that he means me. Hi everybody, my name is Kanan" I said as I walked up to the others as they greeted me back. "Is this one of your 'it's not about the destination, it is about the journey' kind of trips?" Theo asked.

"No. This time, it's about the destination" RJ replied. "Where are we going?" Lily asked. "Well, you will found out once we get there" RJ answered. "Fran, are you and Dom ok to handle things here?" RJ asked. "Oh sure, me and Dom make a great team" Fran answered dreamily. I smiled a little towards the two of them. "I mean, yeah, no problem" Fran said after she snapped of it.

"We've got it covered boss" Dominic said. "Let's go" RJ said as we were following him. All of us arrived at the Pai Zhuq School. "So this is where you three went to school. I've heard about this place from my dad" I said. "The Pai Zhuq School...RJ, what's going on?" Casey asked.

"Today is a very special day..." RJ started to say. Master Phant, Mater Finn and Master Swoop appeared in front of the four of us. "This is the day that all Pai Zhug students got really hard to reach - your Masters Test" Master Phant explained. "Yes!" me, Theo and Lily were cheering in excitement. "We're finally going to get our master stripes" Theo said. "Only if you can pass this test, Theo" Master Swoop informed. "Then what are we waiting for? Let's do it" Theo said. Me and Lily agreed.

"Hey, time out. Are we really ready for this?" Casey said. "That's what we're here to find out" Master Finn replied. "I've got one quick question though. Who's going to test me since I didn't get a master myself other than my dad training me?" I asked.

"Ah, that's where I come in. I'll be testing you, Kanan. You really do deserve it after I just got a recommendation about you from your dad" RJ said. "Just take a moment to mentally prepare yourselves and then we will begin" Master Swoop said as me, Theo and Lily sat down on the ground.

"The time for your Master Test has finally arrived. To pass...you have to defeat your master" RJ said. Casey, Theo and Lily were facing their masters while I was facing RJ. Then RJ banged on the gong as all of us started as he came back to face me. I started to fight RJ while Casey, Theo and Lily were fighting their masters.

I used my techniques that I learned as a ninja with my friends and what I learned while being a Pro Hero too. From the corner of my eye I could see Casey copying what me, Theo, Lily were doing. Theo was glowing blue while Master Swoop was glowing purple as they were calling their animal spirits. A jaguar and a bat have appeared. Lily was glowing yellow and Master Phant glowed a light green as they are calling their animal spirits as well. A cheetah and an elephant appeared and disappeared.

I was next. I was glowing amber with RJ was glowing purple. A dragon was currently fighting off RJ's wolf. Then RJ was smiling at me as I smiled back. Finally, Casey was next. His was glowing red and Master Finn was glowing a light blue.

A tiger and a shark appeared. The shark ended up disappearing. Once all of us were finished, RJ banged in the dong once more. All of us bowed to each other. "Theo, I'm very proud to tell you that you've reached the level of Pai Zhug Master" Master Swoop said as me, Casey and Lily cheered for him. His wrist was glowing blue as his stripes appeared on his wrist.

"Lily, I have the honor to be the first one to address you as Cheetah Master. I knew you could do it" Master Phant said. Lily's arm was glowing yellow as her stripes appeared on her wrist. "Check it out, T" Lily said as she showed me and Theo.

RJ looked at me. "Kanan, you've never trained in the life like Casey, Theo and Lily did. Welcome to the family, Dragon Master Kanan" RJ said. My arm was glowing amber and I saw my stripes on my wrist. "Way to go, Kanan!" Theo cheered as the two of us high fived each other. 'I can't wait to tell my dad and my friends about this when I get back' I thought to myself. "Casey...I'm afraid that you didn't pass" Master Finn informed.

"What?" Lily said, looking really shocked. "But he did everything he did" Theo argued. "I'm sorry but the decision is final" Master Finn said. All of us were back at JKP. Theo and Lily were wearing long sleeves shirt and I was wearing a long sleeve shirt with thumb holes since Theo, Casey and Lily were working and I sat on the step. "What's with the long sleeves?" Casey asked. "Well, you know, it is kind chilly in here" Lily replied. "Yeah. Brrr" Theo said as he agreed. "Definitely cold" I added, rubbing my hands up and down my arms to make sure that I wasn't lying.

"Yeah. It's really cold with all of these pizza ovens in here" Casey said as he noticed our lies. The three of us looked at him. "Listen, you don't have to hide your master stripes from me. You should be really proud. You've earned them" Casey said.

"Don't feel bad, Case. Not everyone's cut out to be a master. Just look at me. I'm fine just the way I am" Dominic stated. "Uh Kanan, can you cover for me? I'm going to take my break and go for a run" Casey said as he disappeared from the kitchen. "Casey has been gone for a while now" I said. "I think that he's still bummed" Lily stated.

"I still don't get it. How come we passed the test and he didn't?" Theo said. "Well, Casey is an amazing fighter and a really great leader. But a Pai Zhug Master doesn't ask. He knows" RJ replied. Dominic suddenly came into the kitchen with a worried look on his face. The others said nothing and followed him except me. "Why aren't you coming, Kanan?" Lily asked. "I'm not going with you because if one of Dai Shi's generals is there when I Morph, one of them will tell him so it isn't my place to fight" I said. 

They nodded and followed Dom to where Casey was, Morphed. "Nice timing. These guys are brutal" Casey said. "There's more help where that came from" RJ said. I was watching the battle through the TV in their base that's behind the pizza parlor. Casey, Theo and Lily called out the Spirit Rangers. The three of them got into Jungle Master Mode. All of them started to fight. "Claw Cannon!" Casey shouted. All of them fired as they sent the warrior on the ground and destroyed him. That's until she grew big an they got their Zords as each of them are taking turns attacking her. "Animal Spirits, Stampede!" Casey shouted.

All of their animal spirits appeared. They finally ended up destroying him. Me and the others were outside JKP. "I'm telling you, I saw him. I saw Jarrod, the person that we used to know" Casey said. "Well, if my memory serves me, Jarrod wasn't that great of a person even before he was possessed by an evil dragon spirit" Lily informed.

"Believe me, I know. But this time, he was really different, almost kind. What if there's some humanity, some part of Jarrod that's still in there?" Casey informed. "Our job is to protect people. Dai Shi...Jarrod or whatever you want to call him tries to hurt people...that's all that I needed to know" Theo replied.

"Theo and Lily has a point. Even though I don't know any of you guys properly or this Jarrod person that well, I should know. Once a bad person, always a bad person so people don't change overnight Casey" I added as Theo and Lily nodded in agreement.

"Look, just because I don't have my master stripes doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about" Casey said. "Casey, this isn't about that. You know I always see the good side of people but even I can see that Dai Shi has taken over completely. You need to face the facts. Jarrod's gone" Lily said as she and Theo went inside and I went the other way to start heading back home after the really long day.

🐤Extra Scene🐤

After a while, I came back to my house. I parked my bike up outside the garage and I entered the house through the front door. When I went into the seating area, my friends and my dad were waiting for me.

"Hey, guys. What are you doing here?" I said. "Well, all of us came here to see if you passed the special test that you did" Brody said. "So...did you pass?" Sarah asked. "Yeah, I did" I said. "No, you didn't" Calvin said. I rolled up my sleeve to show them. "I actually did" I said. "Woah, that so cool" Preston said. "Well done" my dad said. "Thanks" I said.

All of us were having dinner together before the others were heading home.