Chapter 58 - One Last Lie

⋆⋆♚♥♚⋆⋆

FRANKIE'S POV

"Thanks for bringing her home," I thanked Holden and Jordan as I walked them back to the front door. Billie was sleeping on the couch with Valentino nudging her with his nose. I think they could tell from my body language that I didn't want anyone at the house. Tonight was going to be hard enough as it was without everyone else here.

"No worries, boss." Holden smiled. "We're gonna head to Jordan's for the night, give you guys some space."

"Yeah, you know, just like you gave Billie all night." Jordan scoffed before folding her arms.

"That's right, I stuck to my word." I furrowed my brow.

"So that includes not answering any of our calls? Not even bothering to send her a damn message all night?" She snapped before lowering her voice. "She really needed you tonight, she tried to hold it together but how could she? What, are you just giving up? Or is there something else you're hiding?"

"Why are you always hell-bent on questioning my actions?!"

"Because nobody else will!" She yelled back before stepping closer to me. "Raphael might have but you pushed him away just like you did to me. Every time I urged you to tell her the truth-"

"You have no idea the lengths I go to for any of you, do you?" I growled but she was too intoxicated to listen.

"Where were you?" She demanded.

"Jordan, come on-" Holden tried to intervene but she shook her head.

"What kept you away tonight, Frankie?" She questioned. "What kept you away from a chance to fix things with your wife?"

"None of your damn concern, now drop it." I ground my teeth not wanting her to push the matter further. She had no idea where I was tonight and what I had to endure to keep this family together. How could she? I was doing what I do best, the De Carlo mask was on and I couldn't let it slip or they'd see straight through me.

"Oh, really? So, it's only our concern when it involves us lying, right?" She retorted before pushing her finger into my chest as Holden pulled at her arm. "Don't fuck up the best thing that's ever happened to you over the same thing that nearly tore you two apart. I won't lie to her, not again. So don't try to hide shit from her because you think you know what's best!"

"I do know what's for the best that's why I wasn't there tonight!" I blurted.

"Frankie?" Billie's voice croaked. She was standing in the living room doorway rubbing her eyes with Valentino by her side. "Are you guys fighting again?"

"Sorry Billiekins," Jordan said sweetly to her as she took a step away from me.

"You know she gets cranky when people don't answer her calls." Holden tried to lighten the mood.

"She knows why I'm mad already!" Jordan huffed.

"Jordan-" Holden tried to talk some sense into her but she was sticking to her word. No more lies.

"Lorenzo's right, stop sugarcoating stuff for her!" She threw her hands up in the air. "I've seen her fight grown ass men, she can handle her damn self! It's us trying to protect her all the time that she hates." She rolled her eyes as if she had enough and looked at Billie. "I'll see you  tomorrow babe, call me if you need me." Then she looked at both Holden and I in annoyance. "I'll always answer my phone.."

Before any of us could reply she marched straight out of the front door.

"Moonshine, wait!" Holden called out as he ran after her. Billie ran up to the door but I caught her in my arms.