Part 4

The next day, I silently walked through the hallways to get to my locker, hoping no one would notice me. And by "I hope no one would notice me," I mean "Hiro would not notice me." He owes me big time.

I grabbed the books I would be needing for first period and rushed to the classroom even though I was thirty minutes early. I didn't bother picking up Hiro from his house because I was still disappointed.

"Oh my goodness, I am so sorry," A girl said as I bumped into her, making my books fall on the floor.

"No, It was my fault. I should've looked at where I was going." I smiled, picking up my books and standing up.

She sighed in relief. "I'm Audrey." she gave me a kind smile and held her hand out.

"I'm YN." I said, shaking her hand. "What's your first period?" I asked.

"Math," she shrugged.

"Great! Me too. Let's walk together." I said as she smiled and nodded.

"So aren't you supposed to be with your boyfriend? I think his name was Hiro." She said tapping her chin with her finger, deep in thought.

"His name is Hiro." I said, blushing. "And he's not my boyfriend. Why is everyone saying that?"

"Maybe because you two were inseparable since first grade." she laughed as we entered the classroom and found a seat next to each other. Usually, Hiro sits next to me but I figured a little change wouldn't be so bad.

"Well, I'm mad at him at the moment." I chuckled, placing the books under my table.

"Why?" Audrey asked curiously.

"We were supposed to watch movies last night at my place and he never showed up." I sighed. "He said he was just going to walk Julia home and then I waited but he never came."

"Ah, Julia and her bewitching powers." She laughed and shook her head.

"What do you mean?" I chuckled.

"Julia is the type of girl who gets anything she wants." She said. "She can take away anything from anyone in the blink of an eye and right now, YN, I think she just took your best friend away."

My eyes widened. "But she said-"

She cut me off. "Let me guess, she said she wanted to be your friend?" she asked.

"Yes. How did you know?" I raised an eyebrow.

"She did the same thing to me in third grade." she shrugged. "She said she wanted to be friends with me but it turns out that she only wanted the pink bracelet I always wore. After she got what she wanted, she never talked to me again." she explained.

"So she's probably not going talk to me anymore, huh?" I bitterly chuckled.

"Probably not." she sighed. "Hey, it's okay. She does that to everyone." she patted my back.

But it wasn't okay. I couldn't stand the thought of loosing Hiro. He has been my best friend since I moved here. I can't just forget about him and move on.

"Let me guess," she sighed. "You like him, don't you?" Was it really that obvious?

"H-how did you--"

"Ah, so you do like him!" she teased. "Don't worry. I won't tell. I just have a little piece of advice though."

"What is it?" I asked, turning red.

"Tell him you like him already, I'm pretty sure he likes you back." she shrugged. "Before anyone else does, if you know what I mean." she said, obviously referring to Julia.

"He likes Julia." I sighed.

"He probably likes you even more. He just doesn't have the guts to tell you." she shrugged. "He wouldn't be that over protective if he didn't."

"I--" I sighed. "I'll think about it."

Suddenly, the door slammed open, revealing a tired looking Hiro. He was panting, as if he ran all the way to school without resting.

"YN! There you are," he placed his bag on the seat in front of me. I almost forgot that we had first period together.

Aubrey had the feeling that this was going to be awkward so she just opened up a random book and started reading.

"You went to school without me," he said, hurt evident in his voice. "I went to your house when you didn't pick me up and your mom said that you already went to school. Is there something wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong." I said and faced him, giving him a fake smile. He can't have totally forgotten that last night was movie night.

"Stop doing that." He said, fustrated.

"Doing what?"

"That!" he groaned. "Pretending like nothing is wrong when clearly, something is. You can tell me, YN."

"You want to know the problem, Hiro? The problem is you missed movie night last night." I sighed.

His face dropped. "YN, I--" he trailed off, knowing that I wouldn't settle for just a 'sorry.'

"It's okay," I sighed. "I understand that you were too busy with Julia."

"I'm really really sorry," he said with a guilty voice. "I will never do it again. I--"

"It's okay," I cut him off. I know I'm going to end up forgiving him anyway. I suddenly remembered what Audrey told me. I need to tell him. "I need to tell you something."

"Great." Hiro sighed in relief. "I need to tell you something as well."

"You go first." I smiled.

"I have a girlfriend now!" He grinned and my smile dropped. "Julia."

I'm too late.

--

I'M SO PROUD OF MYSELF FOR WRITING LONG CHAPTERS!!

And I'm totally imagining Audrey as:

- Audrey (from the Lorax) haha.

or

- Mabel Pines (from [I'm guessing you already know where Mabel is from *smirks*]Gravity Falls.)

Hahaha. 😂