Prologue

A silver-and-black tabby she-cat padded into a small clearing, followed by more cats.
As everyone sat down in a circle a large dark brown tabby tom spoke to the she-cat.

"So, when is our friend going to start spreading terror and war in the Clans?"the tom sneered.
"Not just yet Thorn," the she-cat answered. "He first needs to get rid of that stupid she-cat first and earn everyone's trust."

A ginger-and- white tom stood up."But it's been long enough Stream!"
Stream glared at the tom."Just shut up Blaze! When we hear from him, we'll hear from him. Not before then!"

Suddenly, a dark grey she-cat pushed through the bushes.
Stream spun around to meet her. "Any word or sign, Willow?"
Willow shook his head."He said he's still doing it. But he did say that he can now do thing, you know?"

Stream, Thorn and a few cats nodded.
"What thing?" A calico tom with green eyes stood up.
Thorn glared at him."You will all know tomorrow."
"But why not now?"the tom answered back.

"Because, Pine, he would want it that way." Thorn had lost his patience quickly and pounced onto Pine.
With a yowl, Pine began to claw him while Thorn dug his sharp claws into his back.

A tortoiseshell she-cat gasped and jumped onto Thorn's back.
Thorn shook the she-cat off and clawed Pine's ear. Quick as a snake, Pine slipped from Thorn's grip and struck a blow at his muzzle, sending him reeling. Cursing, Thorn jumped back onto his paws and ran towards Pine.

Pine dodged him and jumped onto his opponents back. Thorn rolled onto his back, crushing the breath out of Pine. With the advantage, Thorn pushed him away with his hindlegs.
"This is what you get when you attack a senior cat in this group!"Thorn hissed.

With a snarl, he leaped towards Pine and sunk his teeth in his throat. As Thorn drew back and let go, Pine fell to the ground with blood spurting around him.
The tortoiseshell she-cat who had tried to help Pine, eyes full of dismay, nudged Pine with her nose."He's dead!"

"Serves him right,"sniffed Thorn. "He was weak and worthless anyway, Petal."
With a yowl, Petal leaped at Thorn, and slashed his left cheek and sunk her teeth into his shoulder. More bigger than her, Thorn shook her off and pinned her to the ground.

He slashed her belly open and sunk his teeth in her throat. Petal's throat gurgled with blood and with the last of her strength, she slashed Thorn's right eye with her claws.

The she-cat's paw thudded to the ground and she fell still as Thorn screeched in pain.

"My eye!"he hissed.
Stream just ignored him and stared at Pine's and Petal's body's.
"Claw, Misty and Fire,"Stream jerked her muzzle towards three cats.
Go and dig graves next to those bushes and throw their body's in".

The three cats all nodded and began to drag the two body's away.
Just then, dawn began rising in the sky. Noticing this, Stream meowed,"Come on, we should move before we're spotted by some of the Clan cats."

The she-cat stood up and began to walk back into the trees, followed by other cats, who had just stared excitedly and coldly on where Thorn had fought.