𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒: 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐞

𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠: 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐞, 𝐛𝐲 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐲

Davina's POV

I WALKED BACK INTO THE POLICE PRECINCT WITH THE TEAM, witness towing along beside us. The new body had the same victimology, and the same MO, but luckily for us, a woman had stumbled across the act as our UNSUB was dumping the body. It was the middle of the day, in a not so concealed spot. It's clear this UNSUB was devolving.

"The sketch artist will come and find you, just take a seat over here please." I lead the witness to the foyer. We were banking on this sketch, otherwise, we would be back at square one with the case, and we didn't have time for that.

Leaving the witness, I followed the rest of the team into our designated room. Whiteboards sprawling with photos and plastic wallets of evidence decorated the space, and files lay across the large wooden table.

The team congregated; it had got to the point I wasn't so familiar with- waiting. "JJ, gather press for a conference, as soon as we get this sketch, I want it on the news." Hotch commands, "Everyone else, keep working through the files, there may be nothing, but it's worth a try."

JJ nods, leaving the room quickly with her phone already up to her ear. One by one, chairs scraped across the floor, there wasn't much rush in the team's actions, it was obvious that the enthusiasm had trickled out. I sat down as well and picked up a file, beginning to read.

Cameras flashed and the buzz of news reporters echoed through the small conference room. It had only taken an hour to get them all here, JJ was very good at her job, and the witness had been able to produce a sketch good enough to get up on the news. Everything seemed to be looking up, but I didn't like to bring optimism into the equation too soon.

The team stood on the side-lines watching as JJ handled the stupidest of questions from the crowd with ten times as much dignity as I could ever muster up. "If no one else has any other queries at this time, I am going to deliver the profile of our unknown subject, this list is not exhaustive, but it will help to give an idea of who we are looking for," JJ speaks into the mic, the room silencing into a low hum. 

"The UNSUB is a white woman in her mid to late thirties, according to a witness sketch, which can be seen on the screen, she is brunette with brown eyes, and stands at approximately 5 foot 4 inches." JJ flicks the sketch up, the reporters and police officers making rapid notes, "This UNSUB is disorganised, and has borderline personality disorder. She is currently devolving, but her victimology will remain the same as the previous victims, the speed however of the kills will increase."

"Please reach out to the FBI hotline if you recognise the person in the sketch or have any details which may be of help to us. Thank you." JJ signs off, nodding at the camera then walking off stage.