Christmas As A Family

Skeppy had been pinching himself a lot lately. He wasn't sure how he ended up being so fortunate, but he felt like the luckiest man in the world. He could of never dreamt to have a life so peaceful and full of love.

His fiancé was sitting in the rocking chair they put by the Christmas tree. It was a spontaneous purchase they made after becoming parents. Sometimes Bad would stay in the chair with Haniya for hours.

Skeppy was sitting in the middle of the living room, wrapping presents last minute. They were for Lya, and Puffy. As well as a little something for Lya's partners. Thankfully he had already wrapped Bad and Haniya's gifts.

While wrapping Skeppy's ears were blessed. The sound of a virtual fire cracking on the TV. The subtle creak from the rocking chair. Most importantly, his fiancé's gentle singing. Bad was singing 'Away In A Manger' to the baby. He had been singing Christmas songs to her all night.

"Are you trying to make our baby religious?" Skeppy joked while fumbling with a box.

"Oh hush-" Bad stopped singing and pulled the baby closer to his chest. "She can believe in whatever she wants. I just like the classic songs. My mom used to sing them to me when I was a little muffin." He kept his voice low because the baby was asleep.

"True, as long as she grows up kind and accepting...healthy would be nice too but at least her dad is a doctor." Skeppy giggled softly.

"Yeah, well she better never get sick." Bad kissed the baby's forehead. "Will you soon be ready for bed?"

"Yeah, just want to get these things wrapped. Are we putting cookies and milk out for Santa?" Skeppy asked.

Bad looked at the baby. "I don't know, she is just a baby. She doesn't understand Christmas."

"Might as well get in the habit, right?" Skeppy shrugged.

"I guess..." Bad stood up slowly and walked down the hall.

"Where are you going?" Skeppy turned his head.

"I'm going to put Hani in bed." Bad replied.

"I didn't say goodnight!" Skeppy gasped.

Bad came back down the hall and brought the baby to Skeppy. "Sorry, I'm tired. I forgot."

Skeppy got up and wrapped his arms around Bad. He looked lovingly at his sleeping child. "Goodnight sweet angel." He kissed the baby's forehead. Then he looked up and landed his lips on Bad's. "I love you, love dove."

"I love you too." Bad smiled and kissed Skeppy's forehead. "I'll go put them to bed, then we can finish up any last minute stuff."

"Okay..." Skeppy stared at Bad with a wide smile, he was almost creeping Bad out.

"Are you good?" Bad laughed awkwardly.

"Just soaking it all in...this is our first Christmas as a family." Skeppy pointed out and leaned down to nuzzle his baby's face gently. When he looked back up, he was crying.

"Don't cry..." Bad pouted and leaned into Skeppy to comfort him. He would of hugged him if his arms weren't full. "You'll make me cry..."

"Thank you, thank you for loving me. If you never helped me, we wouldn't be here now. I'd probably be spending this Christmas crying. While Lee smokes weed and calls me names. Instead I get to be here, safe, loved, with my own baby." Skeppy sniffled and wiped his eyes.

Bad started crying too, but happy tears. He couldn't imagine a life without Skeppy. "Thank you for giving me this beautiful baby. I can't handle even the thought of not having you be mine."

-

That night Skeppy laid awake, staring at the ceiling. He didn't want to fall asleep yet. It was his first Christmas Eve with his family, he wanted to enjoy it a little longer. Just as he was starting to drift off, Haniya started crying. Thankfully they shared a room for now so he heard her right away.

"The baby..." Skeppy whispered to Bad, but he was asleep. "Okay, my turn." Skeppy decided and went to the crib. He picked up the baby and rocked her. "It's okay honey, I'm here. Are you hungry?"

Haniya continued to cry as Skeppy brought them to the kitchen. He had bottles prepared but he had to heat them. So, while heating them he sat in the rocking chair. The only lights that were on were the Christmas ones. "Your bottle is heating." Skeppy promised and rocked the baby until she calmed down. Skeppy looked outside, it looked like it was reaching the morning hours. "Yikes, I really didn't sleep..." He looked at the baby. "Merry Christmas."

"What are you doing up?" Bad asked as he turned on a lamp.

"Feeding the baby, you didn't get up." Skeppy sighed.

"Oh, sorry..." Bad rubbed his eyes. "Jeez, what time is it?"

"I don't know..." Skeppy caressed the baby's head. "Can you go check on the bottle?"

Bad yawned and went to the kitchen. He came back with the perfectly warmed bottle. He tested it on his wrist to make sure.

Skeppy took the bottle and carefully put it to the baby's mouth. When she latched on, he giggled. "You're so cute, you're a hungry baby."

"Do you need me to stay up too?" Bad asked.

"Mn, yeah. Keep me awake." Skeppy was sleepily feeding the baby.

"Okay..." Bad sat on the couch and yawned again. "Is it Christmas?"

"It's definitely past twelve, Bad." Skeppy rolled his eyes, the world outside was slowly getting lighter.

"Aw, Merry Christmas!" Bad smiled.

"Does that mean I can have my gift now?" Skeppy grinned.

"No, later." Bad told him.

"Oh come on, I deserve it." Skeppy whined.

"Nice try, but no. I do have a surprise I can tell you now though. I was saving it for later but, I want to tell you." Bad watched Skeppy's face light up.

"Ooh, what is it?"

"Well..." Bad paused for dramatic effect. "You remember that house we were looking at? The one we really liked."

"Yeah?" Skeppy moved towards the edge of his seat.

"I made an offer, and we got it." Bad glowed with happiness when he saw the look on Skeppy's face.

"Seriously, we get to live there?!" Skeppy stood up, still carefully feeding the baby.

"We get the keys next week." Bad stood and hugged his family. "Haniya is going to get her very own nursery. A nice big backyard, and of course there's a spare room."

"What are we going to do with the spare bedroom?" Skeppy bounced slightly, excited.

Bad looked at Haniya, then back at Skeppy.

"You want to have another baby?" Skeppy gasped quietly.

"What? No." Bad giggled. "I was going to say we can give Hani a room to play in. Ya know, like rich people do?"

Skeppy looked at the baby. "I don't know, I really want another one right now. All the suffering is worth it."

"Don't be crazy. We can't handle another baby so soon." Bad disagreed.

"But one day?" Skeppy said hopefully.

"I guess, but then Fuffer will have to write a sequel." Bad shrugged.

"Who?" Skeppy tilted his head.

"Nothing, let's go to bed for a couple hours." Bad led his family back to the bedroom.

The End