An All Familiar Whistle

Rating: T

Warnings: Graphic descriptions of violence and major character death.

To start us off, we have an angst oneshot. I wouldn't have put this warning here if it weren't for major character death. A little bit of gore. Cry your hearts out, if you dare. Oh, and Merry Christmas🤣

Not my best work. Great concept, not so great writing. Or as Grammarly put it, "a bit bland."

MAJOR SPOILER WARNING! LIKE, REALLY BIG SPOILER WARNING!

"Alright, Kitty, you cover the back exit. Perrito and I will sneak in, cause chaos and take on the lot of them from the inside. With the element of surprise, it will be a piece of cake,"

Kitty and Perrito nodded their heads in agreement.

Team Friendship had found their new adventure. Several, actually. They were all small-time heroes, helping out anyone they could: including taking down a gang harassing towns across the lands. They had collectively built up a criminal record larger than Puss and Kitty combined, and that's saying something. The only difference between the two parties is that the crimes committed by the gang were pointless and harmed many-a people.

"Let's go," Puss chanted.

Before the group could split off in separate directions, Puss grabbed Kitty's arm.

"Promise me you'll be safe," Puss whispered.

"Me? I've got the safest job. Cover your flank and beat up any stragglers or escapees. Piece of cake," Kitty assured with a wink.

Puss pulled her close and pressed his forehead to hers. His paws looped around her waist as she curled her arms around his shoulders. They purred in unison, filling the atmosphere with the sweet sounds of their contentment and love. Boop. The tips of their pink and wet noses touched.

"I love you,"

"I love you more,"

"Imposible," Puss hushed in his sweet Spanish accent.

"Awwwwwww... So cute!" Perrito exclaimed, bursting with pure joy.

As the couple strode back, their gaze did not break. They continued to stare into each other's mesmerising eyes. Step by step, they added to the distance between them. All that was left is to turn on their heels and follow their respective duties. Puss blew her a kiss, and the she-cat caught it with exaggerated flare. They ran in opposite directions, with Kitty giving Perro a small wave goodbye.

As Puss and Perrito ran side-by-side, Puss slipped a pair of night-vision goggles on top of Perro's head. He bobbed his head down with force so the glasses covered his eyes. The two squeezed through a small opening in a window and into the large estate. They turned to each other and both formed that all-knowing and mischievous smirk. Puss gives his cute, little, scruffy companion a playful pat before directing him with an outstretched paw pointing the way.

Perrito scurried over several crates and furniture. He arrived at a large power box. There were hundreds of levers, buttons and blipping lights. It was a mess of an assortment. Perrito scrunched his face. All of his attention and concentration focused on the board in front of him. He couldn't screw this up. His friends were relying on him. He just couldn't let them down or he'd never forgive himself.

Finally, he cautiously hovered his paw over the biggest button in the centre of the technological madness. It was big and red, I mean, how couldn't press it? Beep. His paw moved off the button to reveal the word 'power switch' in big, bold letters. That's just inaccurate, really. It's a button, not a switch.