02. Changes

- Juliana Rodriguez - 

After everything had been emptied from my stomach into a nearby bucket, I noticed that we were now in the middle of the ocean. Which ever way I looked, there was no sight of land. Nothing at all. 

"Where are we headed?" Annalise questioned the older lady, who had made herself comfortable on a packet of some form of vegetables. "We are headed towards the next form of land that we see" 

That gave me no confidence, but at least we were far away from the land that held the men that had almost killed us one too many times. I was sure that from all the blood that was emptying out of my body, I should be dead. 

But I hadn't died yet, and neither had Annalise, so that was a plus side to all of this. To this whole idea of running away. We hadn't died yet, but we would either be married and raped by the men there, or we could die trying to find someone to save us. 

To help us. 

It would all be worth it in the end, surely?

---

- Juan Rodriguez - 

- Juan Rodriguez - 

"Now that you are all healed and healthy, we have decided that it would be best suited you go back to boarding school" my mother was elegantly perched on the end of my bed. The same bed that I had barely slept in since I had been at home. 

"Ok" I didn't bother to protest my parent's decision, because it never made a change. They didn't know who I was, and  I didn't know them. "Goodnight, then" my mother then stood up, not kissing my forehead. 

She just left, turning the light off, leaving me in the darkness. She closed the door behind herself, which allowed me to rip the covers off of my body, and walk to the wall directly in front of my bed. 

I knocked three times, hopefully catching the attention of my older brother, Alvaro. It did, because I got two knocks in return, which meant that he heard me.