o1. ⁀➷ gilded lily ♡

Liyue was the Nation of Contracts, filled with wealth and beauty

Liyue was the Nation of Contracts, filled with wealth and beauty. Liyue Harbor, the capital of it, was allowing those around to peak in the mind of it's creator. It's elegant, ancient buildings were standing proudly, stern like the Archon that let them happen. Surrounded by the sea and mountains, the city stood it's ground against monsters and Gods, not shaken even by the most disguisting evil, which was yet to come out of the shadows.

A sorrow gaze embraced the capital from above, fastly shifting from one place to another. The boy scoffed, comprehanding what has happened a mere minutes ealier. His mind, corrupted with intrusive thoughts, was not helping with easing the strange feeling in his stomach. His heart thumped rapidly, a ringing noise filling his ears. He brought his hand up to his lips, biting into his finger. His teeth barely scratched the skin, which soon became wet from the sweat dripping down his forehead.

"Are you okay?"

A voice.

The very thing he needed now - someone to talk to. The Traveler has never thought he'd have to deal with something alone. The situation he was in was drowning his in pain and panic. That's why, having someone at his side with who he could share his pains was the only cure for him.

"Paimon never imagined your sister would have sided with the Abyss..."

A small child stated, floating meters above the rocky grounds of the mountain. Her snow white hair, embraced by golden rose crown, were reaching her petite shoulders. Two eyes of the night's sky with moon like pupils stared at him in worry, his once bright face reflecting in them.

"I still can't accept this..."

His reply was shaky and nervous, his hoarse voice not helping. The hidden cry for help was showing in his tone. His body shook as realization of his weaknesses slipping dawned on him. However, there was nothing he could do. Perhaps letting it out would help?

"Well, keep you chin up, Aether! Paimon believes in both of you. I'm sure she had a good reason. I know you can find out what it was. And when the going get's tough, the tough get's going, right?"

The attempt to cheer him up brought the memory of his relative infront of his eyes. No matter what, she was always there to ease his broken feeling, ego, and whatever else his mind was trying to hide.

"There must be more to it than meets the eye."

His gaze was almost absent as he tried to focus. He wasn't going to cry. His blood and flesh were still out there. He had to find her and get rid of his solitute, the only reason he even started to explore this weird, foreign world.

"She said we need to 'reach the end of our journey'... Paimon bets she still has lots more to tell us! And we won't find out what this 'journey' is or when it will end unless we keep going!"

But, with each word he was coming to realize - he was growing up. He knew what was happening. And as much as he hated himself for thinking in such way, he had to admit it. If he stayed with his sister, he wouldn't grow at all. He would stay in his dreamland forever.