Eyes

I sat and stared at my desk. I thought about all the positive things my parents said about me when I was a baby.

"Your eyes are so beautiful!"

"I wish my eyes were as pretty as yours, sweetie."

When I was younger, I always thought my parents meant those words, and that everyone was jealous of my eyes.

"Until I learned those were just comments of pity," I whispered out loud.

"What'd you just say?"

I whipped around to find my best friend standing beside me, looking down at me with a confused face.

"Oh, it's nothing! Don't worry." I replied.

"Okie Dokie!" she responded, as she walked back to her desk.

Summer had always been there for me when I needed it most. Always there when I'm sad, to stand up for me, always there for every important thing. And I have always appreciated that she pushes out of her way to be friends with a freak. But I have to admit, sometimes I doubted if she was my friend, but she proved me wrong every single time. She's the only true friend I have. And I'm not ready to let go.  But at some point, I will have to let go. But I hope that time is as far away as it can be. Because my life revolves around Summer, and I would do anything to be with her forever. But for now, I'll just stick to the present, and savor the time I have for her. Because she makes my life worth living.