XXV

Woke
Tìtxen sami
•—————•—————•—————•—————•

Hia was adding beads to her songcord as the hunt festival's festivities continued below Tsu'tey and Hia.

She added a purple bead for Srriri. Her Iknimaya. Joyful colors and ones of determination. The three beads of thanks. And then she added a green bead. For Tsu'tey. Warm feelings, tender and uncertain love. Thanks to Eywa and then a bead for Uniltaron. A bead for every animal she saw. Deep ashy blue for the Ikran shadow, blue for Apxa, black for the nantangs, a little fang for the palulukan, blue for the plesiosaur creatures, orange for the winged fish, a striped bead for the whales. And then real for the last one. It was like Toruk with its crest but everything else was different.

She thanked Eywa and then tied off the cord, she tied it to her loincloth before Mo'at approached the two.

"Quickly, children. Into your ceremonial clothes, the dance is about to begin!" She handed the pair their clothes and rushed down the spiral.

Tsu'tey rolled his eyes with a smile. Hia's eyes flicked up as she began to slide on the arm bands.

"What? You don't dance?" She smiled.

"I do, it's just not very fun to me." He grumbled.

The pair descended into the the fire glowing party. Neytiri wore a feathery wing-like piece. It was almost identical to Hia's whose were light blue rather than red and blue.

Neytiri practically snatched Hia away from Tsu'tey. The pair went to the dance floor after Mo'at had began the dance.

"We are Ikrans!" Neytiri cheered to Hia, the pair smiled at each other as they flapped their "wings" and soared out in circles together. Everyone who was dancing, was wearing something to represent an animal.

The music picked up in intensity as Neytiri and Hia surrounded the Sturmbeest dancer. It was supposed to be the hunters who shot down the Sturmbeest to feed them. Neytiri caught Jake's eye, and she flirted subtly with her gaze and motion, trying to entice the marine. Obviously she was successful.

Tsu'tey came to Jake with alcohol in hand, like a peace offering.

"To the hunt." Tsu'tey toasted.

"To the Omatikaya." Jake seconded. It devolved into a drinking game which Hia needed to be a part of or so she claimed.

Eventually the group split off and it was Jake, Tsu'tey, and Hia'ino all together. Couples began to file into the dancing space when the animal themed dancers had left.

"I thought, enough drink, you would not be so ugly!" Tsu'tey chuckled and tapped Jake's arm.

Jake chuckled drunkly, "I'm sorry." He smiled.

Tsu'tey was suddenly serious, lost in thought.

"Your warriors, they hide inside machines and fight from far away." He said slowly, contemptuously, "before you, and Hia, I did not think a skyperson could be brave." He said genuinely. It caught Jake off guard.

"I told you he was a big softy." Hia laughed, leaning back, finally relaxed, at peace.

Neytiri ran over and grabbed Jake.